Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How do I re-adjust the taskbar icons(turned sideways)?

10 Apr 2012   #11
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Please notice this as well:
  • systray is on the left
  • icons in systray are NOT trurned sideways
I saw the same thing, it is only happening to icons in the notification area. I have no clue what could cause it. I wonder what would happen if the OP were to change "Show Icon & Notifications" on one of them to "Show Only Notifications "and then go back to the "Show Icon & Notifications"? Worth a shot, I guess.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Apr 2012   #12
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Since you are living in Israel you're writing Hebrew so right-to-left?
Post your keyboards setting from control panel
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #13
EzioAuditore

Winbdows 7 ultimate x64 | Ubuntu 12.04 x64 LTS
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Since you are living in Israel you're writing Hebrew so right-to-left?
Post your keyboards setting from control panel
That was my first guess too but unfortunately couldn't reproduce the issue the OP has.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Apr 2012   #14
AddRAM

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Have you tried moving the taskbar around, to the top, right or left side ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #15
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Ok right click resolution and select landscape im sure you have it flipped as i just tested it

Does exactly what you showing reversed the image upside down so your resolution settings might be flipped take it off of flipped and it should go back to normal
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #16
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Ok right click resolution and select landscape im sure you have it flipped as i just tested it

Does exactly what you showing reversed the image upside down so your resolution settings might be flipped take it off of flipped and it should go back to normal
don't think so. Clock and rest of screen is oke!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #17
rfe777

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Thank you all for your replies.

I've tried a system restore, but it didn't solve the problem. Also, as EzioAuditore suggested, I've turned off and on explorer.exe and ran the SCANNOW command, but both didn't help as well.

And yes, only the icons in the taskbar and the desktop have been changed, not in the systray, and as I live in Israel I type from right to left, and as Hebrew is read and written from right to left the systray is on the left and the start button on the right, as some of you have already noticed.

Any other solutions?

And Kaktussoft, what exactly did you do by right-clicking the desktop?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #18
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rfe777 View Post
Any other solutions?

And Kaktussoft, what exactly did you do by right-clicking the desktop?
The icons on your desktop are fine now? You told us before as far as I can remember. How did you fix that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #19
rfe777

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rfe777 View Post
Any other solutions?

And Kaktussoft, what exactly did you do by right-clicking the desktop?
The icons on your desktop are fine now? You told us before as far as I can remember. How did you fix that?
I did, but later noticed that I was wrong and they too are turned sideways. I've added a reply about that.

BTW - maybe installing the most recent driver for my graphics card might solve this problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2012   #20
EzioAuditore

Winbdows 7 ultimate x64 | Ubuntu 12.04 x64 LTS
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rfe777 View Post
Thank you all for your replies.

I've tried a system restore, but it didn't solve the problem. Also, as EzioAuditore suggested, I've turned off and on explorer.exe and ran the SCANNOW command, but both didn't help as well.

And yes, only the icons in the taskbar and the desktop have been changed, not in the systray, and as I live in Israel I type from right to left, and as Hebrew is read and written from right to left the systray is on the left and the start button on the right, as some of you have already noticed.

Any other solutions?

And Kaktussoft, what exactly did you do by right-clicking the desktop?
He and solar meant to right click on desktop and select resolution. Under the resolution setting, there'll be an option like 'Desktop layout' or so with options like landscape, portrait, landscape (flipped). The third option shifted the start orb to right like yours but it also turned screen upside down.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How do I re-adjust the taskbar icons(turned sideways)?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Taskbar Slow To Respond When Display Turned On
I have my computer power settings on high performance and I'm using Windows 7. Whenever I "get off" my computer--whether it's to go to bed or work--I leave the computer on and let the display turn off. When I come back to the computer hours later, I jiggle the mouse to "wake" the monitor and the...
Performance & Maintenance
problem with icons on taskbar (wrong icons or missing icons)
Hi all (I'm italian, excuse me for my bad english). I have a pc with windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I have a problem with some icons on taskbar: sometimes some applications are displaying the wrong icons, sometimes, as you can see (screenshot), I don't see some icons: sometimes a few are missing...
Performance & Maintenance
Error: All programs and taskbar icons turned white, don't work.
OS windows 7 home premium sp1 64bit. Solving piece of advice will be highly appreciated. Error: All task bar icons (not them to the right) and all icons in the program list have turned white, and pressing them leads to nowhere, instead a window asks what program I want to open.
Software
Desktop icons turned into notepads
Hi Folks, As crazy as it sounds, that's what happened while I was doing a variety of installs of addons for my Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX program. At some point I noticed that all of my desktop icons had lost their individual picture (graphics) and instead all of them had the Notepad graphic...
General Discussion
Adjust the display order of system tray icons?
In Windows 7, is there a way to adjust the display order of system tray icons? I want to set a certain system tray icon to always be located first in the row. http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1189/unledxne.png
Customization
adjust padding/spacing in taskbar/superbar
I've been trying to figure out how to adjust the spacing in the taskbar. I want to get rid of the little bit of icon showing when I add folders to the toolbar. They're all pushed together as far as I can get the, but still a little bit show once locked back. Unlocked it looks perfect, but I...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:09.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App