Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Touch Control

13 Apr 2012   #1
ancient11

Windows 7
 
 
Touch Control

Every day whether I log off, shut down or just leave running, I have to reinstall touch control. I am getting a little frustrated at this point but have tried everything from reinstalling windows to using windows fix it and several other apps.

I would appreciate any help I can get on this matter for it is driving me crazy!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Apr 2012   #2
Influx

Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / WCP x64 / Ubuntu 11 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ancient11 View Post
Every day whether I log off, shut down or just leave running, I have to reinstall touch control. I am getting a little frustrated at this point but have tried everything from reinstalling windows to using windows fix it and several other apps.

I would appreciate any help I can get on this matter for it is driving me crazy!
What do you mean by Touch Control? Is it a software? The apple-related software? What problems are you having?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2012   #3
ancient11

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Influx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ancient11 View Post
Every day whether I log off, shut down or just leave running, I have to reinstall touch control. I am getting a little frustrated at this point but have tried everything from reinstalling windows to using windows fix it and several other apps.

I would appreciate any help I can get on this matter for it is driving me crazy!
What do you mean by Touch Control? Is it a software? The apple-related software? What problems are you having?
Windows 7 has native touch control drivers built into it and if you have a touch control monitor it enables you to have to control to control anything you want. I have my monitor on a swing arm and I can bring it forward and tilt it down into my lap and I can draw, or do anything else I desire by using touch control. I don't know if it's a USB problem or Windows just keeps dropping the drivers (which is my suspicion) or not. I am hoping to get some help on this.
Thank you very much
ancient
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Apr 2012   #4
ancient11

Windows 7
 
 

Now I know I am getting old and no longer the sharpest tack in the box. I just unplugged my Usb cable from my monitor and re plugged--and Whala touch is back. Another reason to not pass 70 yrs. Why does windows keep dropping the Usb connection?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2012   #5
profdlp

Main - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-Bit; 2nd - Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

Is it possible the USB port is not reawakening after the computer sleeps or idles?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2012   #6
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Try this (echoing what profdlp said above).

Start> In search box type device manager> Enter

Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers> For each controller named USB Root Hub, right click the listing and choose Properties> Click on the Power management tab> See if Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is checked

Name:  USB.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  21.2 KB

If so, try unchecking it and see if your PC will now keep the monitor connected.

A Guy


My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2012   #7
marsmimar

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ancient11 View Post
Now I know I am getting old and no longer the sharpest tack in the box. I just unplugged my Usb cable from my monitor and re plugged--and Whala touch is back. Another reason to not pass 70 yrs. Why does windows keep dropping the Usb connection?
Perhaps that particular USB port is bad. Have your tried other ports?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Touch Control




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
I've lost control of permissions, how can get get control back?
Thanks for reading this. Boy, do I need help. Somehow I got my permissions all messed up. I can't access some folders. I have worked a lot trying to use properties-security tab and playing around, and I can sometimes change permissions so I can use a folder. But I am trying to open "Documents...
General Discussion
Elo 55" Interactive Digital Signage Touch Computer touch problem
This has a built in CPU (i5) with Win7 32bit installed. The IDS touch screen was working fine, the it stopped working. The thing is, the Touch screen calibrates fine using Elo calibration software for spotting the corners of the screen but when you do the mouse check, it does not recognize...
Hardware & Devices
3 displays (2 touch 1 non-touch)
Ok, I got 2 15" touch screens (different brands) and one samsung 22" display. now when I run two at a time im good, but I want to set it up some how so i can run all three at a time I have dual ATI 5770HD (two of them) card running in crosfire mode (i think, they have the connector connecting...
Graphic Cards
Specific Multi-touch/touch games for Windows 7
Are there any really cool touch or multi-touch games out yet for windows 7? I have managed to find the multi-touch table hockey but I would love more
Gaming
Touchpad Driver that Unlocks Multi-Touch on older Touch
Haven't updated your laptop's trackpad driver lately? Then you may well want to consider doing so, at least if your laptop is equipped with a Synaptics trackpad. As a user on the Hardware Zone forums discovered, the latest Synaptics driver seems to enable multitouch gestures on older laptops...
Drivers
Sound unmuting when I touch volume control?
Is there anyway I can disable the sound unmuting when i turn the volume control knob? Vista didn't do this and it's really annoying as its on the bottom so i always catch it when the laptop is on my lap.
Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:39.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App