Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Things are going terribly wrong...


26 Aug 2009   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM
 
 
Things are going terribly wrong...

Hey everyone. I'm using Windows 7 and all of a sudden these problems have started occurring out of no where. First I'll start that my notifications icons on the bottom right of the screen keep disappearing. I don't know why and when I try to enable it it's gryed out. I did a search and found a regedit which would fix the problem I had and it did indeed work. But after a few restarts the same thing happened again and it was gone. If you're curious on what the icons are it is the sound icon, network icon and few others.


My next problem is Windows would not shut down. I don't know why... I select shutdown all the programs close and it stalls at, Shutting Down Computer. I've waited hours and it still stayed like that, heck I've even left it on over night and it was still shutting down.

Has anyone else came across these problems? I so far did a system restore which did fix my problem temporarily, but happened again shortly after. I also did a check dsk & reinstalled Seven and I'm still suffering from this problem. I would really appericate the help thanks!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Aug 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kiok View Post
Hey everyone. I'm using Windows 7 and all of a sudden these problems have started occurring out of no where. First I'll start that my notifications icons on the bottom left of the screen keep disappearing. I don't know why and when I try to enable it it's gryed out. I did a search and found a regedit which would fix the problem I had and it did indeed work. But after a few restarts the same thing happened again and it was gone. If you're curious on what the icons are it is the sound icon, network icon and few others.


My next problem is Windows would not shut down. I don't know why... I select shutdown all the programs close and it stalls at, Shutting Down Computer. I've waited hours and it still stayed like that, heck I've even left it on over night and it was still shutting down.

Has anyone else came across these problems? I so far did a system restore which did fix my problem temporarily, but happened again shortly after. I also did a check dsk & reinstalled Seven and I'm still suffering from this problem. I would really appericate the help thanks!
Hi and welcome to seven forums

First thing we could use you to fill in your system specs (lower left corner) so we know what kind of hardware you have. 32bit or 64? Clean install or upgrade?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2009   #3

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Hi and welcome to seven forums

First thing we could use you to fill in your system specs (lower left corner) so we know what kind of hardware you have. 32bit or 64? Clean install or upgrade?

Ken
Don't forget the win 7 version as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Aug 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM
 
 

I'm currently using 32 Bit version and Build 7600 and I did a Upgrade. Oh and I can't run any exe of my DVD drive. Something weird is reallyl happening. I also ran virus scan and it didn't fix anything.

I really don't know what to do now...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2009   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kiok View Post
I'm currently using 32 Bit version and Build 7600 and I did a Upgrade. Oh and I can't run any exe of my DVD drive. Something weird is reallyl happening. I also ran virus scan and it didn't fix anything.

I really don't know what to do now...
Upgrade from what OS? Windows 7 RC? Vista?

Here, you'll find everyone suggests clean installs, because upgrades can cause many unforeseen problems. I suggest to you trying a simple clean install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2009   #6

 

Perform multiple anti virus scans using several products - see Slow Internet and Vistax32 after a while... - Vista Forums for a good list of products to use.

Also, get Malwarebytes' Antimalware and run it as well. I have a feeling that you have been infected by something for a long time and it is now time-bombing your system since after the upgrade....

Also, please fill in your system specs underneath your nickname on the left - there is a link that says "My system specs" - click on that and you'll see an additional link that says "Update your system specs" - click that.

Please be as specific as possible - for example, not just Windows 7, but build and architecture (mine is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM (RTM is build 7600)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
Upgrade from what OS? Windows 7 RC? Vista?

Here, you'll find everyone suggests clean installs, because upgrades can cause many unforeseen problems. I suggest to you trying a simple clean install.


That would mostly likely fix the problem, but I don't want to lose all my stuff.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
Perform multiple anti virus scans using several products - see Slow Internet and Vistax32 after a while... - Vista Forums for a good list of products to use.

Also, get Malwarebytes' Antimalware and run it as well. I have a feeling that you have been infected by something for a long time and it is now time-bombing your system since after the upgrade....

Also, please fill in your system specs underneath your nickname on the left - there is a link that says "My system specs" - click on that and you'll see an additional link that says "Update your system specs" - click that.

Please be as specific as possible - for example, not just Windows 7, but build and architecture (mine is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM (RTM is build 7600)

Alright I'll run more anti virus scans on it when I get the chance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2009   #8

 
 

You can do a backup
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Things are going terribly wrong...




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Things are going terribly wrong...
Thread Forum
Taskbar icons "flash," but don't open, among other things going wrong General Discussion
Solved Many a things wrong with my PC.....? Performance & Maintenance
Good Utilites when things go wrong BSOD Help and Support
10 Things Microsoft did wrong in fiscal 2010 News
terribly slow performance Performance & Maintenance
So many things going wrong... Installation & Setup
Something terribly wrong with windows 7 General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33