Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Using NotePad, change the behavior of the date time format


16 Apr 2012   #1

windows 7 Pro x64
 
 
Using NotePad, change the behavior of the date time format

Hello

Using NotePad, I could enter the time and date using the <F5> function key. The format display is:

HH:MM:SS YYYYMMdd

Is it possible to change it do the date came before the time

YYYYMMdd HH:MM:SS

Martin


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Apr 2012   #2
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello Martin,

You might see if these tutorials may help.

Date Format - Change

Time Format - Change


Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2012   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

If someone knows what the registry key is for the F5 function key, maybe the time and date can be flipped through a registry edit. It doesn't look like a change in region will effect a flip, perhaps thinking certain regions will prefer the flip and MS would actually cater to such localisation.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Apr 2012   #4

windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Martin,

You might see if these tutorials may help.

Date Format - Change

Time Format - Change


Hope this helps,
Shawn
Hello Shawn and thanks.

This does not resolve the problem. In NotePad, the F5 will display the Time & Date with whatever format you use. I'm looking to revert to Date & Time.

Martin
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2012   #5

windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gigagiggles View Post
If someone knows what the registry key is for the F5 function key, maybe the time and date can be flipped through a registry edit. It doesn't look like a change in region will effect a flip, perhaps thinking certain regions will prefer the flip and MS would actually cater to such localisation.
That look an interesting avenue, but how can I found the appropriate register?

Martin
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2012   #6
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by arjfca View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Martin,

You might see if these tutorials may help.

Date Format - Change

Time Format - Change


Hope this helps,
Shawn
Hello Shawn and thanks.

This does not resolve the problem. In NotePad, the F5 will display the Time & Date with whatever format you use. I'm looking to revert to Date & Time.

Martin
Martin,

Changing the Short date and Short time format in the tutorials above changed how it appears for me when you press F5 in Notepad.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Using NotePad, change the behavior of the date time format




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Using NotePad, change the behavior of the date time format
Thread Forum
Solved Change Date Format for multiple Users General Discussion
Does anyone Know how to change date Format on Canon MG 3150 Software
Time and Date issue - BIOS time and date reset after change in Win7 General Discussion
Date Format - Change Tutorials
event log: format of date and time General Discussion
Solved Change Display Date Format WLM Browsers & Mail
Excel and MS-Money 2005 date and time format display issue Microsoft Office

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33