Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How do I reset all the fonts setting to Windows 7 default?


19 Apr 2012   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
How do I reset all the fonts setting to Windows 7 default?

After a recent windows update, my browser displays weird fonts such as overlapping and blur. So I restored my laptop to a previous back up. The problem was solved but then the fonts got smaller. It didn't just affect my browser, it affected my whole laptop, even video games. So how do I undo this because I even tried to restore my laptop to the most earliest restore point in my laptop but the problem still persists.. Is there any way I can restore the default setting of the fonts without having to use the system backup and restore? Is there a program or software for this? And please don't give me solutions like changing font size DPI or using screen resolutions cause I've tried that like a million times already. Even using the advance settings of from the windows color option doesn't help. I've put up some screenshots so you guys can see what my problem is.

How do I reset all the fonts setting to Windows 7 default?-problem-2.png How do I reset all the fonts setting to Windows 7 default?-problem.pngHow do I reset all the fonts setting to Windows 7 default?-problem3.png
How do I reset all the fonts setting to Windows 7 default?-problem-4.png



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Apr 2012   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SuJunioR View Post
After a recent windows update, my browser displays weird fonts such as overlapping and blur. So I restored my laptop to a previous back up. The problem was solved but then the fonts got smaller. It didn't just affect my browser, it affected my whole laptop, even video games. So how do I undo this because I even tried to restore my laptop to the most earliest restore point in my laptop but the problem still persists.. Is there any way I can restore the default setting of the fonts without having to use the system backup and restore? Is there a program or software for this? And please don't give me solutions like changing font size DPI or using screen resolutions cause I've tried that like a million times already. Even using the advance settings of from the windows color option doesn't help. I've put up some screenshots so you guys can see what my problem is.

Attachment 208035 Attachment 208036Attachment 208037
Attachment 208038
Have you tried running sfc /scannow?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2012   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Have a look here, in particular the registry fix in Option 3>Paragraph 3.

Fonts - Change
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Apr 2012   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Have a look here, in particular the registry fix in Option 3>Paragraph 3.

Fonts - Change
I did this earlier, downloaded the default_fonts.reg file, restarted my laptop, but the fonts still stays small. I'm running the sfc/scannow right now. I hope this works.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2012   #5

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SuJunioR View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Have a look here, in particular the registry fix in Option 3>Paragraph 3.

Fonts - Change
I did this earlier, downloaded the default_fonts.reg file, restarted my laptop, but the fonts still stays small. I'm running the sfc/scannow right now. I hope this works.
I hope it works out also
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2012   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Fingers crossed here too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2012   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

It worked. But there are still some of the other fonts that are still small. Especially in games.. Here is an example of one of the games that are affected by the font size.How do I reset all the fonts setting to Windows 7 default?-problem-5.png
I'd really appreciate it if this problem could be solved aswell. Thanks for helping me with the previous problem.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2012   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Well, I'm pleased your original problem seems to have been resolved.

As for your games, I don't know about that one as you say you had a look at the advanced settings in the Color section of Personalization.

It may just be a glitch with the game(s).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2012   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

The thing is, almost all of my games are affected by it, even my firefox. If only there is a way to reset the default Windows 7 settings from the time I bought it without using System Restore cause I don't wanna lose my files. Thanx anyways for the help. Much appreciated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2012   #10

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Try reinstalling the games that are affected by this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How do I reset all the fonts setting to Windows 7 default?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33