Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: how do i make my notepad docs open in full screen rather than half


28 Apr 2012   #1

windows 7
 
 
how do i make my notepad docs open in full screen rather than half

when i open a new notepad doc it opens as half screen. i have tried to drag it & to double click the toolbar & neither makes it open in full screen view when i open a new one.

anyone know what to do here?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Apr 2012   #2

Winbdows 7 ultimate x64 | Ubuntu 12.04 x64 LTS
 
 

Type notepad in start menu search field> right click it> properties> shortcut tab> for the 'Run' option, select 'Maximized'. Apply> ok.
See if it works.
You can also just right click any shortcut to notepad you may have lying around.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2012   #3

windows 7
 
 
how do i get a saved notepad doc to open in max size instead of half

i just asked a similar question & the guys advice worked for a blank notepad doc but it didnt change any of the saved notepad docs. those still open as half size. how do i make the saved notepad docs open in max size?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Apr 2012   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

Notepad always opens files using the same size as last closed Notepad file had. If you close a Notepad file maximized, it also opens maximized next time. If you close it when its size is smaller than full screen, it opens next time using that same size.

Solution is to use shortcuts. A shortcut lets you set the size of the application window. So, create a shortcut for your Notepad file, right click it and select Properties, select Shortcut tab, select Run: Maximized, click OK to close and save settings.

Name:  2012-04-28_230844.png
Views: 10
Size:  39.5 KB

Now use shortcut rather than original file icon to open your file and it opens always maximized, regardless what size it had when last time closed.

Kari


My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2012   #5

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Notepad always opens files using the same size as last closed Notepad file had. If you close a Notepad file maximized, it also opens maximized next time. If you close it when its size is smaller than full screen, it opens next time using that same size.

Solution is to use shortcuts. A shortcut lets you set the size of the application window. So, create a shortcut for your Notepad file, right click it and select Properties, select Shortcut tab, select Run: Maximized, click OK to close and save settings.

Attachment 209342

Now use shortcut rather than original file icon to open your file and it opens always maximized, regardless what size it had when last time closed.

Kari

kari,

i did what you said however there was no shortcut tab to click.

also i tried opening notepad, saving something in maximized size & it still opens in half size.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2012   #6

windows 7
 
 

also does anyone know how to make the documents folder also open in full screen?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2012   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jturk View Post
kari,

i did what you said however there was no shortcut tab to click.
Of course there is! If you did not see one you opened wrong properties, the original file's instead of the shortcut's.

See here the difference. Notice that General tab tells you the file type. If you open Properties for the shortcut, you most certainly have the Shortcut tab. Left one is the Properties of shortcut, right one the Properties of the original file:

how do i make my notepad docs open in full screen rather than half-properties_of_shortcut_and_original_file.png

Kari


My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2012   #8

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jturk View Post
kari,

i did what you said however there was no shortcut tab to click.
Of course there is! If you did not see one you opened wrong properties, the original file's instead of the shortcut's.

See here the difference. Notice that General tab tells you the file type. If you open Properties for the shortcut, you most certainly have the Shortcut tab. Left one is the Properties of shortcut, right one the Properties of the original file:

Attachment 209454

Kari

hi kari,

thank you for your help. i actually dont have a shortcut. i only have the original. is there a way to make the original open in maximized size?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2012   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

PLEASE CREATE A SHORTCUT FOR YOUR NOTEPAD FILE AND YOUR PROBLEMS ARE RESOLVED!

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...r-program.html

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2012   #10

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Another option is to use WinSplit Revolution. I have mine setup such that when I press ALT+Z the foreground application goes to a predetermined location and size.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 how do i make my notepad docs open in full screen rather than half




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: how do i make my notepad docs open in full screen rather than half
Thread Forum
Make Windows 98 Boot Screen Full Screen? Chillout Room
how can i get notepad to open the full page General Discussion
Make Full screen actually look full screen Graphic Cards
How could I make the IE9 fill-up the full screen? Browsers & Mail
Some webpages open full screen in IE8 Browsers & Mail
Presaved Chinese docs/srt won't open in Word/Notepad General Discussion
Open new window in full screen? Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33