Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Help How do i keep my desktop from going so slow

06 May 2012   #1
iLaptop

Windows 7
 
 
Help How do i keep my desktop from going so slow

I just recently gotten a virus that called "Smart HDD Virus". I googled it and and tried to remove it in safe mode, and i think i halfly removed it cause i got rid of the S.M.A.R.T. Repair popups. I think i downloaded a antivirus i think it may have been a tracking cookie virus. I dont remember how though. Now, whenver i login into Windows 7 Laptop, the desktop and files take a whole lot more to load than usual, i would click the start button and there would be no files loading up, it took atleast maybe 5 minutes to come up. Then whenever i try to navigate through the start button im not able to because i cant access the desktop and its takes forever to load, there is a circlish loading bar on it so i have no access to the desktop whatsoever. The only way i can access files is through the start button but that doesnt help much. Oh and whenever i try to open my browser it would take a really long time as with other programs as well. And whenver im trying to login through sites like youtube, facebook, and twitter, they wont let me login and im using opera internet browser. I think this is cookie virus im not sure and this has been happening for the past 4 days i cant get ride of it

Whenever i try to login through sites its giving me an error message


Edit : Now all my files are showing on the laptop and i cant acess the laptop whatsoever, i cant even screen shot it cause i cant access the desktop icons, it wont let me.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 May 2012   #2
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iLaptop View Post
I just recently gotten a virus that called "Smart HDD Virus". I googled it and and tried to remove it in safe mode, and i think i halfly removed it cause i got rid of the S.M.A.R.T. Repair popups. I think i downloaded a antivirus i think it may have been a tracking cookie virus. I dont remember how though. Now, whenver i login into Windows 7 Laptop, the desktop and files take a whole lot more to load than usual, i would click the start button and there would be no files loading up, it took atleast maybe 5 minutes to come up. Then whenever i try to navigate through the start button im not able to because i cant access the desktop and its takes forever to load, there is a circlish loading bar on it so i have no access to the desktop whatsoever. The only way i can access files is through the start button but that doesnt help much. Oh and whenever i try to open my browser it would take a really long time as with other programs as well. And whenver im trying to login through sites like youtube, facebook, and twitter, they wont let me login and im using opera internet browser. I think this is cookie virus im not sure and this has been happening for the past 4 days i cant get ride of it

Whenever i try to login through sites its giving me an error message


Edit : Now all my files are showing on the laptop and i cant acess the laptop whatsoever, i cant even screen shot it cause i cant access the desktop icons, it wont let me.
Hopefully the information in the following link will provide the solution;

Remove Smart HDD (Uninstall Guide)

HTH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 May 2012   #3
iLaptop

Windows 7
 
 

Yeah, so whenever im in safe mode, my internet browser takes a real long time to load, im using opera, and i dont have any access to my desktop even running in safe mode because it freezes so the iexplorer wont work

The RKill Log
This log file is located at C:\rkill.log.
Please post this only if requested to by the person helping you.
Otherwise you can close this log when you wish.

Rkill was run on 05/06/2012 at 21:04:28.
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium


Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running:



Rkill completed on 05/06/2012 at 21:04:45.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 May 2012   #4
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iLaptop View Post
Yeah, so whenever im in safe mode, my internet browser takes a real long time to load, im using opera, and i dont have any access to my desktop even running in safe mode because it freezes so the iexplorer wont work
The instructions I provided are the only solution I can provide with any confidence. You may need, at this point, to seek direct help, like a friend or local computer shop.

Good Luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 May 2012   #5
curtiswardwell

 

Just wondering, do you have access to another computer allowing you to downlad and burn the necessary programs to a cd. Then install them using safe mode.

Still Learning, Learning Still
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 May 2012   #6
iLaptop

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by curtiswardwell View Post
Just wondering, do you have access to another computer allowing you to downlad and burn the necessary programs to a cd. Then install them using safe mode.

Still Learning, Learning Still
Unfortunatley i dont have another computer only one, oh and i think im going to what with what Sir George said.
Thanks anyway
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Help How do i keep my desktop from going so slow




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
how to slow down the CPU fan on a desktop motherboard?
The fan runs about 4700 rpm all the time. The fan is slightly out of balance so a small vibration can be felt. How can I slow it down? Board is S8875WP1-e
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
VERY slow file transfer from DVD to Desktop
I use DVD+RW to back up my data. When I actually needed to retrieve some of this data from discs, my DVD writers spin very slowly, make all sorts of noises and the file transfer speed from the disc to my Desktop is less than 100KB/sec. These are a mix of web pages, text files, .jpegs, .pdfs, etc. ...
Hardware & Devices
Slow Wireless Speeds - Laptop is fine, Desktop is SLOW
Hello all, First off, I have been searching these forums for several days and have seen a number of people reporting slow wireless connections in Windows 7. Which was comforting, knowing I was not alone - but unfortunately I've yet to find the answer in any of the older posts, so I am hoping...
Network & Sharing
sub explorer: opening desktop is slow
When I try to click on desktop in one of those sub explorer window that programs use to open/save files, the program would stop for few seconds and start loading icons one by one. It suddenly started happening and I have no idea where that came from. There are about 30 icons, and about 90% of...
General Discussion
Remote Desktop VERY SLOW!!
Hi guys - new to the Forum...what a GREAT place! I'm enjoying Windows 7 on my home PC and my laptop....but I'm having a problem with a VERY slow Remote Desktop connection to work! I connect fine using my SonicWall 64-bit VPN Connection...I logged in successfully and pick up an IP address...
Network & Sharing
slow 2d desktop performance
Ok not sure where to stick this post request so posting here. On this machine (sods law my main pc) 2d desktop performance for non aero is hideous. Ok so basically aero itself seems fine, I can drag windows around etc. However there is noticeble slowness on things like scrolling web pages and...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App