Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Second taskbar - how to get rid of

07 May 2012   #1
churin

W7 Ult x64 and W8 Pro x64
 
 
Second taskbar - how to get rid of

This happened with a machine of my friend's. There is an extra task bar right above the normal one which he does not know how it came about. On the second task bar, all the icons on the desk top + quick launch items are. Anyone know how to get rid of it? The OS is Vista but I assume solution with W7 is applicable to Vista.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 May 2012   #2
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by churin View Post
This happened with a machine of my friend's. There is an extra task bar right above the normal one which he does not know how it came about. On the second task bar, all the icons on the desk top + quick launch items are. Anyone know how to get rid of it? The OS is Vista but I assume solution with W7 is applicable to Vista.
Right click in a blank area of the Taskbar and uncheck "Lock the taskbar". Then move the mouse to the upper portion until it turns into a double headed arrow and drag it down. Remember to lock it again afterwards.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 May 2012   #3
churin

W7 Ult x64 and W8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Right click in a blank area of the Taskbar and uncheck "Lock the taskbar". Then move the mouse to the upper portion until it turns into a double headed arrow and drag it down. Remember to lock it again afterwards.
Thank you very much for your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 May 2012   #4
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by churin View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Right click in a blank area of the Taskbar and uncheck "Lock the taskbar". Then move the mouse to the upper portion until it turns into a double headed arrow and drag it down. Remember to lock it again afterwards.
Thank you very much for your help.
You're welcome, glad I could help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Second taskbar - how to get rid of




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Taskbar Speaker Icon Missing and Greyed out on Customize Taskbar...
Hey all, my girlfriend is running Win 7 Home... she has always had the default Windows speaker "volume" icon down on her task bar by her clock. She uses it all the time to switch between her speakers and her headset, where she right clicks on the icon and selects "playback devices" and then...
Sound & Audio
Drag top border line of taskbar downwards to hide taskbar
Is there a method/hack or a 3rd-party program that allows the user to hide the taskbar by dragging its top border line downwards, after un-locking the taskbar? I remember I could do that under Win9x.
General Discussion
Taskbar Meters Turn Your Taskbar into a System Resource Monitor
http://www.howtogeek.com/geekers/up/sshot4d78d72d98bd1.jpg Read More...
Software
Disable taskbar Auto-Hide when taskbar isn't covered?
Is this possible? I want to make it so that when no windows are maximized (when the taskbar isn't covered with anything) auto hide disables itself and the taskbar is shown. Is this possible?
Customization
Vista-like Windows 7 Taskbar where taskbar turns solid!
I've searched everywhere for the answer to this!! I can't believe this isn't bothering anone else? I love the translucent look of windows, but when I have a window in full screen mode, I want the taskbar to be solid!! this was standard in vista! A translucent taskbar and frame makes it look...
Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App