You may want to give this a try.
Reinstall the program, if you uninstalled it, then follow the directions provided on SourceForge. I attempted to save you some time by providing the following; What is the right way to uninstall Classic Shell? To uninstall Classic Shell follow these steps:
- Stop the start menu if it is installed (right-click on the start button and select “Exit”)
- Open a new Windows Explorer window
- Make sure the toolbar is hidden (if you uninstall while the toolbar is visible, the menu bar in Explorer will get stuck in the visible state and you won’t be able to hide it)
- Close all Windows Explorer windows
- Open Control Panel -> Programs and Features and double-click on Classic Shell. Then follow the instructions. You may have to restart Windows to complete the process.
- If you installed any additional skins for the start menu you will have to delete them manually
After I uninstalled Classic Shell I can't hide the menu in Explorer any more. What do I do?
If you missed step 3 from the uninstall instructions and you are having problems with the menu, you have two options:
- Go to the registry, open the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser key and delete the ITBar7Layout value as described here:Unhidable Menu Bar « QTTabBar
- Install Classic Shell again and uninstall it following all the instructions
If you need or want to get more detailed info, visit; http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/faq.html