Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: The Group Policy failed the logon. Access Denied

20 May 2012   #1
King123

Windows 7 Premium x64
 
 
The Group Policy failed the logon. Access Denied

One of my user accounts have been getting the error above after a shutdown.
I tried system restore but it did not work.
I have tried disabling non-windows service on startup and that didn't work
Can someone help me please!!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 May 2012   #2
Mythical

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Here are instructions on how to fix it, or at least, how I fixed a computer at school once.

1. Logon to the machine with a machine administrator account (assuming this issue is with a domain account, if not logon to the machine using another account with administrative privilege).
2. Move the machine to a workgroup from domain. (If it was part of one workgroup then change it to another one or join a domain.) You could do this through Control Panel\System and Security\System and then Change Settings.
3. Restart the machine and logon with a machine administrator account.
4. Delete your user profile data (or move it a different location) completely from c:\users. "C" in my case is system directory but if you have a different one then use that one.
5. Join the machine back to domain account (or to workgroup that the machine was originally joined to), and restart the machine.
6. Logon with your domain account that you were having trouble with. Keep fingers crossed.
If all goes well, you should be logged on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2012   #3
King123

Windows 7 Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mythical View Post
Here are instructions on how to fix it, or at least, how I fixed a computer at school once.

1. Logon to the machine with a machine administrator account (assuming this issue is with a domain account, if not logon to the machine using another account with administrative privilege).
2. Move the machine to a workgroup from domain. (If it was part of one workgroup then change it to another one or join a domain.) You could do this through Control Panel\System and Security\System and then Change Settings.
3. Restart the machine and logon with a machine administrator account.
4. Delete your user profile data (or move it a different location) completely from c:\users. "C" in my case is system directory but if you have a different one then use that one.
5. Join the machine back to domain account (or to workgroup that the machine was originally joined to), and restart the machine.
6. Logon with your domain account that you were having trouble with. Keep fingers crossed.
If all goes well, you should be logged on.
will this method delete my data on my old profile, like the desktop items and bookmarks?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 May 2012   #4
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Yes.

When you say "One of my user accounts ", is this a standalone computer, a workgroup computer, a domain computer?

For the later, contact your system administrator.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2012   #5
King123

Windows 7 Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Yes.

When you say "One of my user accounts ", is this a standalone computer, a workgroup computer, a domain computer?

For the later, contact your system administrator.
Ok i have 2 admin user accounts, and both of them are in a workgroup
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2012   #6
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

And is the workgroup connected to a domain?

How many computers in the workgroup?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2012   #7
King123

Windows 7 Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
And is the workgroup connected to a domain?

How many computers in the workgroup?
How do u know if it is connected to a domain?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2012   #8
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

How many computers in the workgroup?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2012   #9
King123

Windows 7 Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
How many computers in the workgroup?
there are 2 users in the workgroup and 1 computer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2012   #10
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

These one-liners are to be run at a command prompt.
They will put TXT files on your desktop. UPLOAD, do not paste, the TXT files in your next post.

wmic sysaccount get Domain,LocalAccount,Name,SID,Status /format:table > %userprofile%\desktop\SystemAccounts.txt


wmic useraccount list full /format:table > %userprofile%\desktop\UserAccountsFull.txt
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 The Group Policy failed the logon. Access Denied




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
group policy client service failed on independent laptop
Hi, I have a laptop with all the latest updates installed. Legally licensed Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit ed. Running Avast anti virus. Last thing I did was install a single windows update, I don't remember the update's number, but I remember the download size was less than 2Mb. I don't think...
General Discussion
"User profile service failed the logon" special case access denied
Hello SevenForums! A friend of mine brought a Windows 7 Ultimate x86 laptop saying that he can't log in with his account. When he tries to log in it shows this message: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." Now I've searched the internet and found a few...
General Discussion
The Group Policy Client Service failed the logon, Access is denied.
A computer was handed to me to fix. Well it's a Windows 7 laptop. I'm not actually by it right now so I can not tell you the manufacturer at the moment; but I'll try to explain everything I can. I usually am very good with this stuff but the thing is, I've only came across an error like once...
General Discussion
Failed to Connect to a windows service... Group Policy Client
Okay, I know other people have posted this same error; but my case is slightly different. In my case, this is a brand new computer I just built, just installed Windows 7 Home Premium. Have not installed any programs except the basic stuff like Chrome, Security Essentials, Windows Updates, Drivers,...
General Discussion
The group policy client service failed the logon
Hello everyone ! Im using win 7 professional x64! i was stupid deleted some files like ( ntuser.dat ... ) in C:\User\Username folder And now , i can not log in to my desktop screen. I took most 7hrs to searched and tried tried tried , but i did not work. 1. I can not create New Profile when...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App