Two days ago i had a popup message from Mcafee but i closed it without taking a look, was kind of in a hurry. Yesterday morning, after the first reboot, windows started but nothing seems to work. I'll list some of the problems -
1. Many services do not start -
HP Wireless Assistant
and many more
2. Services are missing -
Network Store Interface Service (i tried to add it manually through the registry)
3. Windoes Services dependencies tab cannot be accessed, i get an error message "Win32: The specified module could not be found."
4. When i try to start services i get different messages -
Workstation - "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"
(this is the most common message)
Audio Service - "The audio service on the local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."
HP wireless assistant service - This one starts and stops after a few seconds.
5. I have no network access, nor can i connec any USB devices.
6. the "RUN" option is missing from the start menu
7. I've noiced that "bowser" was missing from the services list in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services
tried to add it manually as well, with no success
I did manage for a while to connect my mobile phone and transfer malwarebytes and combobox, but none could solve the problem. Now it won't recognice my mobile either.
System restore is disabled for some reason, so that's not an option either.
I can't even backup my data and prepare for a fresh installation (which is a bad option as is).
Any help will be greatly appreciated.