Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Enabling GUI Boot - Entering BIOS

22 May 2012   #1
NZIEN2

 
Cannot Enter BIOS

Hey Guys ,
I Have Toshiba Sat. L745-s4210 Laptop
i have just faced some problems with starting-up the windows 7ultimate-x64
when i press the power button i find that no GUI Boot Screen And When I Press F2 As i Usually Do i can't Enter BIOS And It takes me to some choices ( Safe Mode-Last Known good Config."Advanced"- Start Windows Normally ) And the windows is down
when i tried to safe mode it's stuck at classPNP.sys and start windows normally is stuck at the windows logo and seriously i need help to get to bios so i can change the boot sequence to put the installation or repair disc


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 May 2012   #2
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Are you able to access the Advanced Boot Options by pressing the F8 key at startup? It should list the following options:


Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Enable Boot Logging
Enable low-resolution video (640 x 480)
Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)
Directory Services Restore Mode
Debugging Mode
Disable automatic restart on system failure
Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
Start Windows Normally

I'd be inclined to go for Last Known Good Configuration first.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2012   #3
NZIEN2

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Are you able to access the Advanced Boot Options by pressing the F8 key ay startup? It should list the following options:


Safe Mode


Safe Mode with Networking


Safe Mode with Command Prompt


Enable Boot Logging


Enable low-resolution video (640 x 480)


Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)


Directory Services Restore Mode


Debugging Mode


Disable automatic restart on system failure


Disable Driver Signature Enforcement


Start WindowsNormally

I'd be inclined to go for Last Known Good Configuration first.

i tried them all bro nothing works
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 May 2012   #4
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NZIEN2 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Are you able to access the Advanced Boot Options by pressing the F8 key ay startup? It should list the following options:


Safe Mode


Safe Mode with Networking


Safe Mode with Command Prompt


Enable Boot Logging


Enable low-resolution video (640 x 480)


Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)


Directory Services Restore Mode


Debugging Mode


Disable automatic restart on system failure


Disable Driver Signature Enforcement


Start WindowsNormally

I'd be inclined to go for Last Known Good Configuration first.
i tried them all bro nothing works
As soon as you hit the power button, start pressing the key used to enter setup rapidly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2012   #5
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Check out this tutorial: Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

If all else fails, you may need to contact Toshiba for support.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2012   #6
NZIEN2

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NZIEN2 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Are you able to access the Advanced Boot Options by pressing the F8 key ay startup? It should list the following options:


Safe Mode


Safe Mode with Networking


Safe Mode with Command Prompt


Enable Boot Logging


Enable low-resolution video (640 x 480)


Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)


Directory Services Restore Mode


Debugging Mode


Disable automatic restart on system failure


Disable Driver Signature Enforcement


Start WindowsNormally

I'd be inclined to go for Last Known Good Configuration first.
i tried them all bro nothing works
As soon as you hit the power button, start pressing the key used to enter setup rapidly.
When I did that, It just took me to a screen where I will either start windows or enter the F8 screen
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2012   #7
FuturDreamz

Windows 8 Pro (32-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NZIEN2 View Post
Hey Guys ,
I Have Toshiba Sat. L745-s4210 Laptop
i have just faced some problems with starting-up the windows 7ultimate-x64
when i press the power button i find that no GUI Boot Screen And When I Press F2 As i Usually Do i can't Enter BIOS And It takes me to some choices ( Safe Mode-Last Known good Config."Advanced"- Start Windows Normally ) And the windows is down
when i tried to safe mode it's stuck at classPNP.sys and start windows normally is stuck at the windows logo and seriously i need help to get to bios so i can change the boot sequence to put the installation or repair disc
When your computer boots up, does it say that you can press a certain key to access BIOS? On mine it is the delete key, but I've also seen Escape and Backspace.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2012   #8
Bumpkin

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

If F2 is not working to access BIOS, try this from Toshiba support...

Esc key method

Turn the computer on. If you do not see a prompt to press the F2 key, then immediately press and hold the Esc key for three seconds, and then release it. When prompted to, press the F1 key. The Setup screen will appear.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Enabling GUI Boot - Entering BIOS




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
No Dell welcome screen, cant do a new instal, no way of entering bios
Hi all I have done LOADS of searching different places about this problem I have. I want to do a clean install but as the PC boots all I see is a black screen, the up pops the XP welcome screen (Yes win7 form sorry about it been a XP problem more or less I just really need help on this 2nd...
Installation & Setup
Important Step After Enabling Virtualization in BIOS
After you save your settings please follow this important step below in order for VT to work properly. 1. Enable VT in bios (where the option is, depends on your MoBo manufacturer) 2. Save BIOS Settings 3. Exit BIOS 4. Shut Down PC (some PC's will shut down automatically for about 3-4 seconds...
Virtualization
Display issue after enabling VT in BIOS
Dear w7 guru's, I hope you can help me clear up this issue. I have a HP/compaq 6730b laptop which includes the Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8600. This is a supported processor for using the Virtual PC/XP Mode combination. Yet, after I enable the VT in my Bios weird things happen in w7...
Virtualization
Enabling RAID in BIOS
Despite the warnings, I tried enabling RAID in BIOS (Intel chipset) and almost fried my Win 7 installation. So, I now believe for myself that the only way to enable RAID is to also reinstall Windows 7. Does anyone know whether a data partition on the Windows boot drive would be affected? ...
Installation & Setup
no boot after enabling BIOS RAID0
I just bought a refurb Dell XPS 420 w/ Q9300, running Vista Home Premium x64 and downloaded/installed an activated version of Win 7 Ult x64 on an 80GB SSD I bought for it; dual booted w/ Vista x64 on old hard drive . W7 x64 was running stable and instantly fast, I wanted to enable RAID0 on the...
BSOD Help and Support
Help enabling virtualization in BIOS
I have a EVGA nForce 590 SLI AMD mobo and I am trying to enable virtualization to run Windows XP Mode. I cannot seem to find the option anywhere in the menu. The BIOS is a Phoenix BIOS if that helps any clues would be appreciated.
Virtualization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:32.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App