For months I have sailed along without a single problem in Windows 7. Suddenly,
over the last few weeks I have begun to get various "stopped working" and error reports in the Action Centre. This has caused the Performance graph to dip deeply from time to time. The Laptop also seems to be slowing down from it's usual rapid response.
This occured yesterday..."firefox has stopped working". At this time there was a
breakdown in service from my ISP which did not return for some time. It is now back but the Laptop has slowed. I have checked for Infection with MSE and Malwarebytes but nothing is logged there. I have used System Restore and this seemed to help. However, I should like to know if anyone could suggest anything.