Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Help Logging In broken monitor


08 Jun 2012   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
Help Logging In broken monitor

My younger brother accidently pulled my laptop off the computer desk about six months ago. I managed to get the laptop to output through the HDMI to a flat screen TV and have been using it like that since.

Last week we went on a vacation and I shut the laptop down before leaving. Now that I'm back home I can't get logged into the laptop because the screen is busted and it won't output to the HDMI anymore.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. There are 6 user accounts on the laptop and I need to get into the one on the bottom left.

Any advice on either how to get it to output through HDMI on the user account screen or any other method to get logged in would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Jun 2012   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nick91900 View Post
My younger brother accidently pulled my laptop off the computer desk about six months ago. I managed to get the laptop to output through the HDMI to a flat screen TV and have been using it like that since.

Last week we went on a vacation and I shut the laptop down before leaving. Now that I'm back home I can't get logged into the laptop because the screen is busted and it won't output to the HDMI anymore.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. There are 6 user accounts on the laptop and I need to get into the one on the bottom left.

Any advice on either how to get it to output through HDMI on the user account screen or any other method to get logged in would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick
Does the laptop have a VGA output like this:
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2012   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Yes it does.

It's a Sony VGN-NW240F
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Jun 2012   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nick91900 View Post
Yes it does.

It's a Sony VGN-NW240F
Do you have a monitor that has that port? A tv with that port? If you do get out a vga cable and connect your laptop to your tv. Then, power the laptop on and make sure the monitor or tv is set to vga.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2012   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

I have a second laptop that I'm using now that has a VGA port on it. Could I use the monitor on it until I switch the other to HDMI?

Its a Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

EDIT: Would a VGA to HDMI work better?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2012   #6

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nick91900 View Post
I have a second laptop that I'm using now that has a VGA port on it. Could I use the monitor on it until I switch the other to HDMI?

Its a Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
You cannot use another laptop as a monitor. You need a desktop monitor or a tv with a vga port.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2012   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

I just check all the TV's in the house and none of them have it.

Would this cable work?


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2012   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Have you checked that your tv is set to the correct HDMI connction ?

It may be worth checking.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2012   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Yes I have. The laptop I'm on now is run through the same cable to the TV.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2012   #10

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nick91900 View Post
I just check all the TV's in the house and none of them have it.

Would this cable work?
That should work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Help Logging In broken monitor




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33