In Task Scheduler:
- click "Enable all tasks history".
- Right click the task and click Run.
- Look at the Task History tab. (may need to wait a few minutes and click refresh)
- Does it show the task started, attempted to run, completed, and are there any errors listed?
Can you specify:
- What does your task need to do (what program are you trying to run)?
- Was the task created with an Admin or Standard account?
- Do you have an Admin account that is password protected?
- Are you logged in with a Standard account when the task runs?
I've seen "issues" with this setting myself.
Sometimes the task does run, but the task window is not displayed for the currently logged on user.
So, it may seem the task did not run...but it did.
Even if it did run, did it run successfully?
I believe it's often due to permissions needed for the task, and what user (type) is logged on when the task runs.
If you are logged on with a Standard account, and the task needs to run with "Admin" privileges...that might be your issue.
Hope this helps,