Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Cannot remove program from taskbar :(


06 Sep 2009   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Cannot remove program from taskbar :(

i have an icon on my taskbar for the program Steam on my taskbar that cannot be removed.

what happened was i changed the name of the one of the program's parent folders, and now when i right click on in, no menu pops up, and i can't drag down to get any menu...

i attempted to fix this by changing the parent folder's name back to it's original, but to no avail.

halp :S

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Sep 2009   #2

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Hi and Welcome to SevenForums!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aimlessanomaly View Post
what happened was i changed the name of the one of the program's parent folders, and now when i right click on in, no menu pops up, and i can't drag down to get any menu..
The quickest way IMO to fix this is do a system restore to a point before you made the above change..

Aslo, Please fill in your system specs so we know what we're dealing with...Help us help you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2009   #3

 

Go to the source?


Attached Thumbnails
Cannot remove program from taskbar :(-capture.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Sep 2009   #4

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Go to the source?
quick, simple fix.

i was thinking it may be as easy as something like that, but didn't know where to look.

thanks for taking the time to answer, and thanks a million for the fix =]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2009   #5

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aimlessanomaly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Go to the source?
quick, simple fix.

i was thinking it may be as easy as something like that, but didn't know where to look.

thanks for taking the time to answer, and thanks a million for the fix =]
I am glad that worked. I am also glad that my suggestion was not too cryptic.

Cool username.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2009   #6

Windows 7 Ulti. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aimlessanomaly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Go to the source?
quick, simple fix.

i was thinking it may be as easy as something like that, but didn't know where to look.

thanks for taking the time to answer, and thanks a million for the fix =]
I am glad that worked. I am also glad that my suggestion was not too cryptic.

Cool username.
+1 thanks for the navigational path. I put it into my seven notes. Have a happy holiday man!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2009   #7

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by myzr7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aimlessanomaly View Post

quick, simple fix.

i was thinking it may be as easy as something like that, but didn't know where to look.

thanks for taking the time to answer, and thanks a million for the fix =]
I am glad that worked. I am also glad that my suggestion was not too cryptic.

Cool username.
+1 thanks for the navigational path. I put it into my seven notes. Have a happy holiday man!

+ 1 from me as well ... Thanks A-Man
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2009   #8

 

I am really surprised, and honored, that so many of you have "Antman" in your directory structure.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2009   #9

Windows 7 Ulti. x64
 
 

funny but not so far fetched, I do remember the first time num lock was on and I could not enter my spreadsheet silo readings at work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Cannot remove program from taskbar :(




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33