- Lian Li PC-V2100B
- Enermax Galaxy 1000watt PSU
- Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme
- Intel Core i7 965 3.2GHz Extreme Edition
running @ 4.0GHz
- CoolerMaster V8
- 6GB OCZ DDR3 1600MHz
- 2 80GB Intel X25-M SSDs in RAID0
- 2 750GB Western Digital Caviar Blacks in RAID1
- WD SATAII 250GB w/16meg cache
- Plextor 716A SATA DLDVD Burner
- LiteOn BlueRay/DVD Rom
- nVidia 9600GT w/512MB GDDR3 running dual ACER 24" AL2416W widescreens
- DTV/DSL Internet connection at 10 meg per/sec down and 768K per/sec up
When running Vista that machine clips along nicely, as you may well imagine.
The main problems in Windows 7:
- takes a quite a while to access the RAID1 storage drive if it's been parked. It always took a few seconds but it's a lot longer wait with Windows 7
- Dual Screen support randomly goes away. Most times a re-start fixes it but sometimes not.
- LAN is dead when I wake the machine from sleep.
- This morning, the whole machine was dead and would not wake. I had to re-boot just to wake it.
- It just took almost 45 seconds to empty the Recycle Bin of 2.8GB of files!
- Windows 7 seems to have trouble with passwords? I have to enter my user/pass every time I come to this board as well as others. But some boards I frequent are remembered and password works like it's supposed to. That happens with IE8 and FF3 both, which is why I think it's a Windows 7 thing.
- No drivers for SM Bus Controller
Any insights on these problems?
I'm going to try the latest Vista x64 video driver
from nVidia to see about the dual monitor support. That one is the MOST irritating because it can happen while I'm in the middle of something and leave me with no way to save my work.