With seven 32-bit Windows ...
-Explorer can not find the icons and start very slowly.
-Start Menu is inaccessible
- Desktop icons are in place but without images.
It does not rebuild.
Finally, I created iconcache.db. It remains empty.
If I copy explorer.exe in explorer2.exe, explorer2.exe quickly launched and displays all icons.
- I tried several tools to regenerate Iconcache.db unsuccessfully until now.
- Sfc /scannow
- chkdsk /f /r
In the photo on my desk the following can be seen:
- The icons on the desktop without images, text only.
- Explorer.exe without icons (window center)
- Explorer2.exe (identical copy of explorer.exe) with icons (right window)