Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: "Item not found" bug when moving or renaming files/folders

15 Jul 2012   #1
kpopsaranghaex3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
"Item not found" bug when moving or renaming files/folders

Hello, I just made an account here because this bug is seriously bugging me. It shows up whenever I move or create any new files/folders.

I have googled the registry fix and that doesn't seem to be working. Is there any other known fix?

P.S. There is nothing wrong with Waterfox.




Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Jul 2012   #2
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I would be very worried about Waterfox if a registry fiddle dumb has to be used to get it to work properly. If it was my computer I would remove all of it and wait for Mozilla to get it fixed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2012   #3
kpopsaranghaex3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
I would be very worried about Waterfox if a registry fiddle dumb has to be used to get it to work properly. If it was my computer I would remove all of it and wait for Mozilla to get it fixed.
Waterfox works fine hahaha. I just used the folder with my Waterfox installer to show an example of the error.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Jul 2012   #4
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kpopsaranghaex3 View Post
Hello, I just made an account here because this bug is seriously bugging me. It shows up whenever I move or create any new files/folders.

I have googled the registry fix and that doesn't seem to be working. Is there any other known fix?

P.S. There is nothing wrong with Waterfox.
When did this first start to happen and exactly what did you do immediately before?
What makes you think you need to do a registry "fix"? When you say quote: "I have googled the registry fix and that doesn't seem to be working". Did you edit the registry then? If so I do hope you made a backup of the registry before editing!
Can you do a system restore to a point behind where it went wrong?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2012   #5
kpopsaranghaex3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kpopsaranghaex3 View Post
Hello, I just made an account here because this bug is seriously bugging me. It shows up whenever I move or create any new files/folders.

I have googled the registry fix and that doesn't seem to be working. Is there any other known fix?

P.S. There is nothing wrong with Waterfox.
When did this first start to happen and exactly what did you do immediately before?
What makes you think you need to do a registry "fix"? When you say quote: "I have googled the registry fix and that doesn't seem to be working". Did you edit the registry then? If so I do hope you made a backup of the registry before editing!
Can you do a system restore to a point behind where it went wrong?
It was off of a fresh Windows install. I got the registry idea from this thread since it is the exact same bug.

"This item was not found" error
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2012   #6
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

OP post #3. Waterfox works fine hahaha. I just used the folder with my Waterfox installer to show an example of the error.
What does this mean?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you have a problem, yes or no?
Is your problem fix, yes or no?
How was it fixed?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2012   #7
kpopsaranghaex3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Waterfox isn't the issue, I repeat, Waterfox has no issues... -_- the issue is that every time I transfer files/folders I get the error message in the picture in the OP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2012   #8
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Have you tried running in the Super Admin mode?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2012   #9
kpopsaranghaex3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Have you tried running in the Super Admin mode?
How do you do that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2012   #10
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kpopsaranghaex3 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Have you tried running in the Super Admin mode?
How do you do that?
Here and go straight to option 2
Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 "Item not found" bug when moving or renaming files/folders




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
"Item Not Found" when Moving or Renaming
Every time I move or rename a folder, an "Item Not Found" dialog opens. It says "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\...". When I click "Try Again", it moves/renames just fine. Does anyone know why it's happening and how I can make it stop? It's incredibly annoying.
General Discussion
Trying to Remove a File on my Desktop - "Item not Found"
I have had this problem for nearly a year now. I currently have about five files on my desktop that when ever I try to remove I receive the error; ----- Item Not Found Could not find this item This is no longer located in C:\Users\\Desktop. Verify the items location then try again. -----
General Discussion
"Item Not Found" when trying to delete a folder
I have a folder called public_html on my desk top which one of my clients websites was in, I deleted everything from inside it and then one folder was left, when I try and delete it I get a message "Could not find this item" I then try and delete the public_html folder and I get the same message. ...
General Discussion
"Could not find item" when moving or deleting files
Hi. Im running Windows 7 64bit and every time I move or delete a file, I get the "could not find item" message, but the tasks still performs successfully. Any ideas?
General Discussion
"Item Not Found ... Verify location and try again."
Win7-64 Home Premium OEM on a little desktop system at my home. When I rename file XXX, I get the message: Item Not Found. XXX is no longer located in c:\... Verify location and try again. Date created: xx-xx-xxxx When I click "Try Again" the rename looks complete. But it causes numerous...
General Discussion
"Item Not Found" is driving me nuts
Hi all! For some unknown reason, my 64-bit 7 gives "Item Not Found" dialog whenever I try to move/delete a folder or an archive. All I have to do is to click "Try Again" for the command to go through, but it's driving me insane. What's wrong with my 7? Sample dialog box in an attachment.
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:34.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App