Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Auto play settings no longer works


21 Jul 2012   #1

Windows 7 home premium 64bit sp1
 
 
Auto play settings no longer works

Hi,Whatever setting i try it does'nt do anything like "ask me every time"or set a program as a default to play a blu-ray or open nikon transfer for picture files from sd card.
Was working before.So far i've tried system restore and sfc /scannow but still the same.Thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers Tommy.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Jul 2012   #2

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tommytinkroom View Post
Hi,Whatever setting i try it does'nt do anything like "ask me every time"or set a program as a default to play a blu-ray or open nikon transfer for picture files from sd card.
Was working before.So far i've tried system restore and sfc /scannow but still the same.Thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers Tommy.
Hey have you tried the following:

start --> control panel --> programs --> change default settings for media or devices

and adjusting those settings?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2012   #3

Windows 7 home premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Yeah,does nothing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Jul 2012   #4

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tommytinkroom View Post
Yeah,does nothing.
Fix Windows 7 AutoPlay Dialog Box Missing or Not Appear, Display and Pop Up My Digital Life

Does this fix your issue?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2012   #5

Windows 7 home premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mangoh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tommytinkroom View Post
Yeah,does nothing.
Fix Windows 7 AutoPlay Dialog Box Missing or Not Appear, Display and Pop Up My Digital Life

Does this fix your issue?
Thanks mangoh.Section 4 was the fix by changing the registry key nodriveautorun from 255 to 145.
At first it did'nt work but,but i went into auto play settings and did a "reset all defaults" then restarted laptop and it's working the way it's supposed to.
Looks like i'm gonna get some sleep tonight,thanks again for the link your a gem.
Cheers Tommytinkroom.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jul 2012   #6

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

You have just increased the probability of infecting your computer. Not a wise decision.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2012   #7

Windows 7 home premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
You have just increased the probability of infecting your computer. Not a wise decision.
How come?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2012   #8

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tommytinkroom View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mangoh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tommytinkroom View Post
Yeah,does nothing.
Fix Windows 7 AutoPlay Dialog Box Missing or Not Appear, Display and Pop Up My Digital Life

Does this fix your issue?
Thanks mangoh.Section 4 was the fix by changing the registry key nodriveautorun from 255 to 145.
At first it did'nt work but,but i went into auto play settings and did a "reset all defaults" then restarted laptop and it's working the way it's supposed to.
Looks like i'm gonna get some sleep tonight,thanks again for the link your a gem.
Cheers Tommytinkroom.
Good glad it worked
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2012   #9

Windows 7 home premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mangoh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tommytinkroom View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mangoh View Post
Thanks mangoh.Section 4 was the fix by changing the registry key nodriveautorun from 255 to 145.
At first it did'nt work but,but i went into auto play settings and did a "reset all defaults" then restarted laptop and it's working the way it's supposed to.
Looks like i'm gonna get some sleep tonight,thanks again for the link your a gem.
Cheers Tommytinkroom.
Good glad it worked
Have you any idea what "Karlsnooks" means when he says "You have just increased the probability of infecting your computer. Not a wise decision."
It's the 6th post down.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2012   #10

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tommytinkroom View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mangoh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tommytinkroom View Post

Thanks mangoh.Section 4 was the fix by changing the registry key nodriveautorun from 255 to 145.
At first it did'nt work but,but i went into auto play settings and did a "reset all defaults" then restarted laptop and it's working the way it's supposed to.
Looks like i'm gonna get some sleep tonight,thanks again for the link your a gem.
Cheers Tommytinkroom.
Good glad it worked
Have you any idea what "Karlsnooks" means when he says "You have just increased the probability of infecting your computer. Not a wise decision."
It's the 6th post down.
Nope I'm still waiting for a response.

I wouldn't worry too much as tbh there are tons of ways for a computer to get infected as long as you take sensible precautions you should be fine e.g. anti-virus program kept up-to-date, run scan every now and then etc...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Auto play settings no longer works




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Auto play settings no longer works
Thread Forum
Solved Taskbar will no longer auto-hide General Discussion
GDI++ no longer works in IE9! Customization
Flash no longer works Browsers & Mail
Xp Internet no longer works under win 7 Network & Sharing
Backup no longer works Backup and Restore
Mute no longer Works Sound & Audio
After install the DVD drive no longer works Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33