Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: When I turn PC off, it turns on by himself.


30 Jul 2012   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
When I turn PC off, it turns on by himself.

When I turn my PC off, it turns on by himself. Only when I remove cable from electricity I can solve this problem. This problem started to show up after I changed video card. What reason could it be for this problem and how can I solve it?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Jul 2012   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Merssio View Post
When I turn my PC off, it turns on by himself. Only when I remove cable from electricity I can solve this problem. This problem started to show up after I changed video card. What reason could it be for this problem and how can I solve it?
Try this;

"Windows Start Button" >> Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Device Manager >> IEEE1394 Bus host controller (expand) >> double click "VIA 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller" (this could be different on your machine, not sure) >> Click on "Power Management" tab >> Check the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" >> click "OK".
Hopefully your computer will shut down normally
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2012   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

When I open Device Manager, there isn't IEEE1394 Bus host controller. So this option is not for my problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Jul 2012   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Merssio View Post
When I open Device Manager, there isn't IEEE1394 Bus host controller. So this option is not for my problem
I haven't been able to find anything else that seems applicable. I will get back to you if I find anything useful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2012   #5

Win 7 , VMWare (BT 5)
 
 

Hello Sir George Can try out this and get back ASAP :


run the command prompt:

c:\shutdown -s -h 00


Lets us know


Thanks,
Suren
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2012   #6

Win 7 , VMWare (BT 5)
 
 

Lets see wat happens , i think this might be due to irrugelurar Interrupt Request (IRQ) Loop that iterate infinately and turns on the system
lets know what happened after u shut down from command prompt,thanks for ur Question Mr.George

Thanks,
Suren
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2012   #7

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by surensach View Post
Hello Sir George Can try out this and get back ASAP :


run the command prompt:

c:\shutdown -s -h 00


Lets us know


Thanks,
Suren
No, I am not going to try anything. Perhaps the OP might want to give it a try. Be sure you understand who is requesting help before posting.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2012   #8

Win 7 , VMWare (BT 5)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by surensach View Post
Hello Sir George Can try out this and get back ASAP :


run the command prompt:

c:\shutdown -s -h 00


Lets us know


Thanks,
Suren
No, I am not going to try anything. Perhaps the OP might want to give it a try. Be sure you understand who is requesting help before posting.


George Bro , sorry that was a mess , i mentioned the name wrongly !! you chill bro ? in wat way that made you to annoy ? huh

Sorry !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2012   #9

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by surensach View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by surensach View Post
Hello Sir George Can try out this and get back ASAP :


run the command prompt:

c:\shutdown -s -h 00


Lets us know


Thanks,
Suren
No, I am not going to try anything. Perhaps the OP might want to give it a try. Be sure you understand who is requesting help before posting.


George Bro , sorry that was a mess , i mentioned the name wrongly !! you chill bro ? in wat way that made you to annoy ? huh

Sorry !
Your post stated; "Hello Sir George Can try out this and get back ASAP:". So, I repplied as requested. Additionally, as I stated, the OP may want to give it shot, and be sure you post replies to the appropriate person.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2012   #10

Win 7 , VMWare (BT 5)
 
 

Alright , Gotcha !!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 When I turn PC off, it turns on by himself.




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33