Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: my icons and taskbar disappear, plus cannot even access to the Start


02 Aug 2012   #1

Windows 7
 
 
my icons and taskbar disappear, plus cannot even access to the Start

Hello all,
My icons from my desktop disappeared along with the task bar and start menu.
I can only access to pages with ALT+ opposite arrows.
Can someone help me please? I can't access to Task Manager typing ctrl+alt+canc..

Thank you,
Regards,
Marco

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Aug 2012   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Welcome to the forums Anthr1981

Things to try:

Safe mode with networking : Advanced Boot Options

SFC at boot : SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot

MBAM free : Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer

Try the above and post back for further suggestions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2012   #3

Windows 8 Professional
 
 

Either you've altered a view configuration, or you've gotten yourself some malware. Download an application called "unhide", and you'll get what you want. Don't just alleviate symptoms in the event of malware though, make sure you assess that, if that's what it is...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Aug 2012   #4

Windows 7
 
 

Koolkat77 thanks for welcoming me to the forum first of all!
It seems that I solved the problem yesterday..don't remember how, so don't ask me why but I followed some procedure on the Web which included restarting the pc. Really big thanks anyway!


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77 View Post
Welcome to the forums Anthr1981

Things to try:

Safe mode with networking : Advanced Boot Options

SFC at boot : SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot

MBAM free : Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer

Try the above and post back for further suggestions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2012   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Poimetheus View Post
Either you've altered a view configuration, or you've gotten yourself some malware. Download an application called "unhide", and you'll get what you want. Don't just alleviate symptoms in the event of malware though, make sure you assess that, if that's what it is...
Thanks for the suggestion. and I very much like the quote on your sig.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anthr1981 View Post
Koolkat77 thanks for welcoming me to the forum first of all!
It seems that I solved the problem yesterday..don't remember how, so don't ask me why but I followed some procedure on the Web which included restarting the pc. Really big thanks anyway!
Good to hear that its solved. You can mark the thread as solved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2012   #6

Windows 7
 
 

Poimetheus thanks for your advice, I'll definitely download it to avoid problems
in the future. Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2012   #7

Windows 8 Professional
 
 

We're all here to help Kat, are you a fellow BackTrack'er?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2012   #8

Windows 8 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anthr1981 View Post
Poimetheus thanks for your advice, I'll definitely download it to avoid problems
in the future. Thanks!
Be grateful you don't have a Mac and are subject to their forums. It's not hard to get black listed, attacked, or subjected to ridicule when you're just looking for a solution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 my icons and taskbar disappear, plus cannot even access to the Start




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: my icons and taskbar disappear, plus cannot even access to the Start
Thread Forum
Taskbar & Start Menu - Duplicate Icons General Discussion
Solved Icons won't disappear when delete, only disappear when refresh! General Discussion
disappear icons at taskbar when minimized General Discussion
Win 7 taskbar all icons from start menu on taskbar General Discussion
Start menu icons disappear!! WTF! General Discussion
Can't Access Taskbar/startmenu/icons BSOD Help and Support
Desktop icons disappear at every start of the pc General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33