|23 Aug 2012||#1|
| || |
0x7b after Windows system files deletion
Well, I have a strange problem here but I'll try to explain as clearly as I can.
A faulty driver setup has deleted most of my files on C: drive where windows is installed. I'm sure it is not a virus or something like that because i found out driver setup has a known bug that may wipe out all files in C: while installing. The Invisible Blog: DO NOT install Broadcom's bluetooth driver software update to Windows 7
When I noticed setup is deleting my files, I shut down the computer in a hurry to prevent further loss. These are the steps I took after this:
0) Windows didn't start saying that "Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible" and repair disk and repair utilities such as system restore ,bootrec.exe etc. didn't do any good
1) I installed a windows 7 in a seperate partition to run a file recovery software. Using it, I undeleted most of the system and personal files and copied them to their original locations.
2) Error changed to "windows can't start because xxxxxx.sys is not found" which xxx.sys is a driver in system32/drivers
3) I copied all drivers in my other working windows into drivers folder.
4) Now windows starting animation displays, after a few seconds I get a 0x7b inaccessible_boot_device BSOD.
My question is: Can 0x7b error's cause be a deleted system file? Can there be a system file which is deleted and I did't restore? From what I understand from reading about 0x7b, this can't be the cause.
Another question: Windows 7 has a seperate 200mb partition on disk. Now I have two windows installed but there's only one 200mb partition. May the old 200mb partition be lost because of faulty driver setup?
I have put so much effort into this because I don't have the necessary internet quota to install all of the software and updates in case of a clean install. Thanks for any help in advance.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: 0x7b after Windows system files deletion|
|Slow deletion of files||General Discussion|
|Can't boot into Windows 7 64b, BSOD 0x7B, System disk invalid||General Discussion|
|Creating a Files log deletion||General Discussion|
|Restore files after accedental partiition deletion||Backup and Restore|
|How do I restore the .exe files deletion warning popup in Win7 ?||General Discussion|
|System restore Points--Auto deletion?||Backup and Restore|
|Accidental deletion of sent files Outlook 07||Microsoft Office|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.