Daughter's laptop has begun overheating due to suspected dustclogging the fan intake.
Grandson phoned Acer support, what a palaver that was!
Some misguided 'techie' informed him that the rubber plug on the lappy base, was covering a "magnetic lock"
and that he would need a dedicated tool from Acer (at ££££'s) to remove it and disassemble the lappy.
Have since found an Acer Workshop Manual (please don't ask where) which shows it to be a shock protector, and the manual carries all the disassembly instructions.
And the price of calling Acer is horrendous.
It's an Acer Extensa 5300z, btw.