Greetings one and all....
ok....have a serious boot up problem:
i've searched Windows 7 forumns, nothing really aligns to this specific problem....
Windows 7 ultimate has been installed on my desktop for over a year - never an issue....
now all of a sudden....can't logon....
desktop spec's are at the end of this email.
All debugging has been done with ALL ext devices removed i.e. printers, ext drives, usb hubs, iPhone/iPad synch cords.....
when I boot up windows 7 desktop -
1) takes forever for logon screen to appear - sometimes the logon screen never shows
2) if I do see user accounts (there are 5 + 1 admin)
I select one and there is extreme latency before password prompt
3) sometimes, i put mouse on user account iconand nothing happens....for hours...
4) if do get the password prompt -
i enter password, select ok, and i get a blank scrren and nothing evern happens.
IF booting in SAFE MODE with networking and LOGGING on with ADMIN id
1) I can login under ADMIN a-ok,
2) I can access internet ok
3) Norton / security doesn't load
4) Any app i launch throws up an error that the product isn't licensed despite my having licenses....example: MS-office 2012 starts to launch, then exits due to lack of license....
5) I can view all folders, files etc.
6) event viewer/log shows just NO SECURITY enabled, NO BACKUP scheduled
IF booting in SAFE MODE with networking and I logon using any non-Admin ID
1) crap shoot if i am prompted for password.
2) Crap shoot if I am able to enter password ...trail usually ends there.
3) for one account was able to click on user profile icon, after 3 minutes, was prompted for password, after 43 minutes the standard explorer view showed up....but couldn't move further.
RESULTS of the Windows 7 Ultimate 64 DVD install boot up attempt to repar...
regardless of where i launch recovery tools....same results....
SYSTEM restore - reports no falures/errors - but problem remains
REPAIR option completes with no failures/errors rebots but problems remains
Any repair option reports no errors/failures while attempting to restire/recover repair....but no change ...same problem.
Here is the BOX configuration
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
Drv 0 = WD Black series 1 TB
Drv 1 = Hitachi 2 TB
Drive 0 partioned as
C: 400 gb for windows only;
D: \users (using a windows 7 tutorial that was way slick!)
drv 1 = 1 partition for Pictures & Videos
- appreciate the support -