Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Windows 8 with critical issue

04 Sep 2012   #1

Windows 7 x64
 
 
Windows 8 with critical issue

Hello. I am facing difficulties with my dell studio 1458. It has original windows 7 backup on its recovery partition. After installation of win 8, I was not able to use some application so I decide to go back to my previous win 7.

But as I cannot uninstall win 8, I format my HDD except recovery partition.
Now I can not boot to the recovery partition to install from it.

I have dell datasafe recovery DVD but it seems they are not usable. I do not know why.

When I turn on my laptop, it goes to windows 8 recovery option and unable to fix.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Sep 2012   #2

Windows 7 x64
 
 

And I must mention, when I try f8 a continuously beep sound occurs. How can I fix it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2012   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 32-bit Build 7601
 
 

Hello Rezwan, welcome to Seven Forums.

Does your laptop has Windows 7 pre-installed?
Did you install Windows 8 without dual-boot?
Do you have Windows 7 installation CD?
What's your version of Windows 8, not edition? Developer Preview (DP), Consumer Preview (CP), Release Preview (RP) or Release to Manufacturing (RTM)?

Well, if you have Windows 7 installation CD, follow this tutorial.
Clean Install Windows 7

If you don't have one, purchase genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (or Professional, Ultimate if you want to) upgrade version just for $119.99 (HP), $199.99 (Pro) or $219.99 (Ult). Then follow the tutorial linked above.
You should be careful before buying Windows 7. There's many counterfeit copies of Windows 7 with cheap prices so don't trust it. Or you'll being end up of non-genuine messages For more information, see How to Tell - Home

Answer the questions above, so we can know what would we suggest for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Sep 2012   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64 Windows 8.1 x64 Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Tri-Boot
 
 

Hi Rezwan,

What error do you get when you try to boot from the recovery DVD? Have you double-checked to ensure that the BIOS is set to boot from the DVD drive first?

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2012   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rezwan View Post
Hello. I am facing difficulties with my dell studio 1458. It has original windows 7 backup on its recovery partition. After installation of win 8, I was not able to use some application so I decide to go back to my previous win 7.

But as I cannot uninstall win 8, I format my HDD except recovery partition.
Now I can not boot to the recovery partition to install from it.

I have dell datasafe recovery DVD but it seems they are not usable. I do not know why.

When I turn on my laptop, it goes to windows 8 recovery option and unable to fix.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Did you mark the recovery partition as ACTIVE? Do it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2012   #6
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Hello Rezwan, welcome to Seven Forums!


If you have lost the factory recovery option, there's always this option, have a look through the tutorial linked below for ideas, everything needed is referenced in the tutorial.


Clean Install : Factory COA Activation Key

My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2012   #7

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Thanks. Thanks everyone. With your help I hope I can fix it.

My dell studio 1458 comes with windows 7 home premium which is in recovary partition.

'automatic repair could not repair your pc logfile\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail' message occurs
I format the partition with command prompt which I get from (troubleshoot>advance option>command prompt)
The partition where Windows 7 was is still intact and another drive for boot(? I guess) is present. But rest is formatted.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2012   #8

Windows 7 x64
 
 

After activing partition using diskpart, "Operating system not found"

What can I do now?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2012   #9
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Here's this if you have data you need to try and recover.
How to Copy & Paste in Recovery Console on Windows 7 or Vista


Also have a look through this.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
If you have lost the factory recovery option, there's always this option, have a look through the tutorial linked below for ideas, everything needed is referenced in the tutorial.
Clean Install : Factory COA Activation Key

My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2012   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rezwan View Post
Thanks. Thanks everyone. With your help I hope I can fix it.

My dell studio 1458 comes with windows 7 home premium which is in recovary partition.

'automatic repair could not repair your pc logfile\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail' message occurs
I format the partition with command prompt which I get from (troubleshoot>advance option>command prompt)
The partition where Windows 7 was is still intact and another drive for boot(? I guess) is present. But rest is formatted.
Free download Magic Partition Manager Software, partition magic alternative, free partition magic, partition magic Windows 7 and server partition software - Partition Wizard Online
Download the last one "Bootable CD". Then burn using imgburn, or Windows 7 dvd burning. Boot sick machine from that DVD. Post a camshot of partition layout
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 8 with critical issue





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33