Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: uncapping caps


07 Sep 2012   #1

windows 7 64bit build 7600
 
 
uncapping caps

im typing away whether it be an email forum reply or in note book and not noticed ive had caps on, ive done this a few times is there an easy way to highlight text and swap between upper and lower caste?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Sep 2012   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

This may help Convert Case - Convert upper case to lower case, lower case to upper case and more! copy text into it hit the button it changes it.

Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #3

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

This might help you.
Control Panel
Ease of Access
Make Keyboard easier to use
Put a check mark in (turn on toggle key)
This will allow you system to make a different sound every time you shift you caps on and off plus a little picture in lower right of screen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Sep 2012   #4

windows 7 64bit build 7600
 
 

theres no way of doing it with in windows?

would have thought it was as simple as highlight then press ctrl+ key
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

In some programs you can highlight the text and use Shift+F3

Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #6

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
This might help you.
Control Panel
Ease of Access
Make Keyboard easier to use
Put a check mark in (turn on toggle key)
This will allow you system to make a different sound every time you shift you caps on and off plus a little picture in lower right of screen.
Thanks fo that, very useful. Can't see the little picture but the sound works fine. That'll do for me!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

i use firefox and have this addon
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...hanger/?src=ss

its so simple to use, highlight the text you want to change, right click ,select case changer and then what case you want.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #8

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
i use firefox and have this addon
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...hanger/?src=ss

its so simple to use, highlight the text you want to change, right click ,select case changer and then what case you want.
That's fine but what about if you are typing an email or using Notepad or Wordpad as the OP mentioned?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #9

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

im very careful about my caps when doing those things
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #10

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
This might help you.
Control Panel
Ease of Access
Make Keyboard easier to use
Put a check mark in (turn on toggle key)
This will allow you system to make a different sound every time you shift you caps on and off plus a little picture in lower right of screen.
Thanks fo that, very useful. Can't see the little picture but the sound works fine. That'll do for me!
The little picture only stays for a few seconds.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 uncapping caps




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: uncapping caps
Thread Forum
Caps Lock malfunction General Discussion
Typing in all Caps but Caps lock is disabled - Help Software
Why is my USB drive name is always in CAPS? General Discussion
Solved Regarding Caps Lock popup General Discussion
iNTERNATIONAL cAPS lOCK dAY Chillout Room
Remove Windows 7 RTM End Caps? Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33