|08 Sep 2012||#1|
Can't open Windows Explorer/Control Panel for domain user
This issue started last night.
1. I cannot open Windows Explorer.
By clicking explorer in desktop or icon in taskbar. It just shown in taskbar for few seconds and gone. Nothing happen.
2. I also cannot open Control Panel except for Windows Defender and Device Manager.
I have tried to:
- Right click explorer icon and run as administrator, but still no help.
- Run 'explorer.exe' directly from C:\Windows folder, but still no help.
- Run 'SFC /SCANNONW' as administrator from command prompt, result "not find any violations", but still no help.
- Scan using Windows Defender, no issue found, but still no help.
- Run/scan with ShellExView, it all shows 'normal' programs (no UN-recognize software/program).
But if I:
- Restart in Safe Mode, it work fine.
- Login as Local User with admin privilege / Local Admin, it work fine.
Need suggestion and help how to solve this.
Thanks in advance.
- OS: Win7 Enterprise 32 bit.
- Security: Win Defender (no other Antivirus).
|My System Specs|
|10 Sep 2012||#2|
Finally I 'fix' it by following other solution in this forum.
Because this issue only happen for domain user and not for local user, so I remove/delete the profile for domain user. And login again with the same domain user, to create new profile, and yohoo it fix the issue.
Here is what I've done:
1. Login as local admin (because as local user have no issue).
2. Open C:\Users folder.
3. Open for User folder that have issue (e.g.: c:\user\emir.yhy)
4. Make backup for all the files/folder inside it to other drive (flash-drive or whatever).
5. Delete/remove User folder (C:\Users\[user folder]).
6. Open 'Regedit'.
7. Go to "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList".
8. On the left pane, make sure it shows something like 'S-1-5-...'
9. On the right pane, check for 'ProfileImagePath' make sure it shown the user name that has problem. (see the attached file).
10. On the left pane, right click the folder and Export it for backup (just in case).
11. On the left pane, right click the folder and 'Delete' it.
12. Switch User (start - switch user).
13. Login as Domain User which have issue (it will create new profile).
14. Try to open 'Windows Explorer'. Tha thaaa... it fixed.
Next step is restore all files that we copy for backup.
BUT do not copy the files. Especially the shortcut. We need to re-create it again.
If not, you will find same issue again.
That's it. That's what I've done to fix my issue.
Hope it help for other who have same issue.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads|
Windows Sound Control Panel won't open
So I've detected that my PC has been a bit slow lately, it takes longer to load webages and stuff. But this strange thing happened. I was rendering a youtube video, when Sony Vegas Pro 12 was done with the file, the software crashed, and after that my PC has been complete sh*t. Before I restarted...
|Sound & Audio|
Unable to open control panel due to windows explorer error
Hi, I have the following problems in my laptop:- - Unable to control panel. A windows explorer error message flashes every time I try to open control panel. - Windows firewall doesn't open on start up and manual start up is also not possible - AVG antivirus icon appears in taskbar but...
windows explorer has stopped - when i click control panel
i am having 2 big issues from today afternoon, 1. when i click on the control panel or right click on the computer to get computer property, am getting "Windows explorer has stopped" error and i can't open the control planel. 2. windows update icon - i can see it in usual, but when i focus...
|Windows Updates & Activation|
Command Line Open Control Panel\All Control Panel Items
How to open "All Control Panel Items" from the command line? thanks...
I cannot open my Windows Explorer and Control Panel (Again).
Initially, I have an issue that suddenly I cannot open Windows Explorer and Control Panel and I am able to fix it by my self as in my post here (http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251650-cant-open-windows-explorer-control-panel-domain-user.html). Where the issue only appear if I login...
Windows explorer stops working in control panel
Just installed windows 7 today everything seems to be going fine apart from a few usb modem driver & blue screen issues from that. I have one other strange problem If I navigate backwards and forwards a few times in control panel windows explorer stops working. That annoying box comes up and tells...
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39.