Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Should I buy this computer?

22 Sep 2012   #11
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post

If you must buy a pre-assembled PC, I'd point you toward a major OEM such as Dell or maybe HP as they are more likely to have at least average quality internal components such as power supply and motherboard.

Consider "refurbished" and consider the Dell factory outlet store.

I'd look for a PC powered by an Intel i-3 processor, such as an i-3 2120. You might even be able to find an i-5.
I once bought a "refurbished pc" and it lasted as good as any new PC. They have been checked over and are probably as good as new. You can save quite a bit of money with a refurbished. == If price isn't that big a deal and you want a good fast PC, I recently got an i3. I only do browsing and a occassional game much like yourself. The i3 suits my needs very good.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Sep 2012   #12
imaginenv

wdinows 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Here is an option for you. This place sells the PC's without an OS. If you have a Win 7 disk and are not going to use your old system anymore, you can install it on the new system and save a lot of money. They ship like Newegg or the others. I have visited their store and they are good. Check them out. Discount Computer Systems / PC @ Directron.com Spring Fall Back to School Linux Operating and Security Systems -Best Computer Online Store - Buy with Discount Prices from Houston Texas-Directron.com
Can you show me a computer on there better than the one I linked but for the same price? I don't know computer specs really.
On a budget, I would go for this one a little more expensive but with better specs for what you plan to do.
Only the Graphics change from your first choice.

HD7750 is slighty faster and consume less power than the HD6670.

iBUYPOWER Gamer Power NE522FX Desktop
Someone told me the one I wanted wasnt good so is yours better? and have you tried it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2012   #13
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post

Can you show me a computer on there better than the one I linked but for the same price? I don't know computer specs really.
On a budget, I would go for this one a little more expensive but with better specs for what you plan to do.
Only the Graphics change from your first choice.

HD7750 is slighty faster and consume less power than the HD6670.

iBUYPOWER Gamer Power NE522FX Desktop
Someone told me the one I wanted wasnt good so is yours better? and have you tried it?
I've not tried it, but followed what you was asking first.

I'm just telling that the Graphics HD 7750 is much better in the computer i've suggest you.

Now, it is very difficult to help choosing a computer to fit the need of someone, you!


Maybe you should email the Customer Service of Newegg and ask them the full specs of this machine.

On the photos i can see:

-AZZA Alpha 700W for the PSU (700W is pretty good enough)
-ASROCK for the Motherboard (Looks Mini ITX) (not so bad!)
-Support for e-Sata on the front panel.


Looks It is just that there's NO SUPPORT For USB 3.0!! this have to be confirmed from Customer service.

If you don't need USB 3.0 now then it is pretty well agenced case for that price!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Sep 2012   #14
imaginenv

wdinows 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post

On a budget, I would go for this one a little more expensive but with better specs for what you plan to do.
Only the Graphics change from your first choice.

HD7750 is slighty faster and consume less power than the HD6670.

iBUYPOWER Gamer Power NE522FX Desktop
Someone told me the one I wanted wasnt good so is yours better? and have you tried it?
I've not tried it, but followed what you was asking first.

I'm just telling that the Graphics HD 7750 is much better in the computer i've suggest you.

Now, it is very difficult to help choosing a computer to fit the need of someone, you!


Maybe you should email the Customer Service of Newegg and ask them the full specs of this machine.

On the photos i can see:

-AZZA Alpha 700W for the PSU (700W is pretty good enough)
-ASROCK for the Motherboard (Looks Mini ITX) (not so bad!)
-Support for e-Sata on the front panel.


Looks It is just that there's NO SUPPORT For USB 3.0!! this have to be confirmed from Customer service.

If you don't need USB 3.0 now then it is pretty well agenced case for that price!
I'v done my research and I hear cyberpower / Ibuypower sucks is that true? Also could I make my own PC with all of the same excat parts that one has for the same price or cheaper?

Oh yeah, I just want a computer (I have no life I play all day) that can handle world of warcraft on high graphics for 10 + hours a day. and web browsing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2012   #15
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post
Also could I make my own PC with all of the same excat parts that one has for the same price or cheaper?
Probably not.

If you have to buy Windows, that's $100 right there. That CPU is $110 I think. Add in the other stuff you need, and you probably couldn't do it cheaper.

But if you were building your own, you wouldn't want the same exact parts.

The weak points of that PC are probably the power supply and having to deal with Cyberpower if something goes wrong.

If I wanted to spend no more than the same money, I'd look at a Dell--probably from their factory outlet web site.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2012   #16
imaginenv

wdinows 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post
Also could I make my own PC with all of the same excat parts that one has for the same price or cheaper?
Probably not.

If you have to buy Windows, that's $100 right there. That CPU is $110 I think. Add in the other stuff you need, and you probably couldn't do it cheaper.

But if you were building your own, you wouldn't want the same exact parts.

The weak points of that PC are probably the power supply and having to deal with Cyberpower if something goes wrong.

If I wanted to spend no more than the same money, I'd look at a Dell--probably from their factory outlet web site.
Actually! I have a torrented version of windows 7 and a loader so I don't need to activate. Would I save money then?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2012   #17
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post
Actually! I have a torrented version of windows 7 and a loader so I don't need to activate. Would I save money then?
Hmmm........I think you just said a couple of the magic words. Probably not the best idea.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2012   #18
AC

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post
Also could I make my own PC with all of the same excat parts that one has for the same price or cheaper?
Probably not.

If you have to buy Windows, that's $100 right there. That CPU is $110 I think. Add in the other stuff you need, and you probably couldn't do it cheaper.

But if you were building your own, you wouldn't want the same exact parts.

The weak points of that PC are probably the power supply and having to deal with Cyberpower if something goes wrong.

If I wanted to spend no more than the same money, I'd look at a Dell--probably from their factory outlet web site.
Actually! I have a torrented version of windows 7 and a loader so I don't need to activate. Would I save money then?
NONONO! Illegal! You will have nothing but problems with an Illegal version of Windows. Might as well buy Vista or 7 Home Premium off of eBay! Don't go the illegal route!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2012   #19
imaginenv

wdinows 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 714 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post

Probably not.

If you have to buy Windows, that's $100 right there. That CPU is $110 I think. Add in the other stuff you need, and you probably couldn't do it cheaper.

But if you were building your own, you wouldn't want the same exact parts.

The weak points of that PC are probably the power supply and having to deal with Cyberpower if something goes wrong.

If I wanted to spend no more than the same money, I'd look at a Dell--probably from their factory outlet web site.
Actually! I have a torrented version of windows 7 and a loader so I don't need to activate. Would I save money then?
NONONO! Illegal! You will have nothing but problems with an Illegal version of Windows. Might as well buy Vista or 7 Home Premium off of eBay! Don't go the illegal route!
NO no! I'v used this disc for over 2 years I didnt hav ethis computer problem until i made my computer spark
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2012   #20
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post

NO no! I'v used this disc for over 2 years I didnt hav ethis computer problem until i made my computer spark
We know who you are now. You might expect a knock at your door in the next few days from two very tall gentlemen with dark glasses.................
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Should I buy this computer?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
computer literate person watching a newbie at work on the computer
Hope you all like this made me laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflmao: fa9DLxDtPtc
Chillout Room
Computer works fine at the computer shop, but at home the FPS is low
This is for a friend by the way. So he got a new gaming computer, he set it up at home and started playing Skyrim, the FPS was shit so he brought it to the shop. The professionals tested it and the fame rate there was fine. But then he brought it home and the frame rate turned shit. I made sure...
Gaming
Work Desktop computer on network to single home computer?
Hi, First post but I hope to be able to use this Forum to help get familiar with Windows 7. Im used to Windows XP but my Old HP Compaq Desktop Computer finally died. My Buddy gave me one of his Work Office computers that was on a Network system with 4 other computers. Im going to be using it for...
General Discussion
New computer build, works smooth but internet issues on sole computer
Hey people, sorry if the title is not very detailed or so, what I am having trouble with is my Download speed and browser speed Little backstory: I created a new build recently (tuesday) and i've been spending every night since then for hours on end trying to fix this issue, every other computer...
Network & Sharing
Occasional computer shutdown with computer still running, no signal
Good evening, I have a custom build, amd 8 core 16 gig ram..... Do not know what the problem is. Computer has been running fine for 6+ months. Now the computer occasionally shuts down, but the tower doesn't shut off. It stays on but my monitor says "no signal detected." I have to shut off...
General Discussion
Dell Computer PC will not load Windows install CD from computer crash
I have a two year old Dell PC with Windows 7. I got a virus in my computer that by phone and computer takeover Norton located in my MBR. When they cleaned it my computer will no longer boot up. Norton worked with me for three days on the problem but we were unable to fix the computer. I...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:48.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App