Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Should I buy this computer?


17 Sep 2012   #1

wdinows 7 ultimate
 
 
Should I buy this computer?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Sep 2012   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

All very well reading a spec but what will you be using the computer for...... gaming, browsing,data manipulation, graphics etc etc - so you have to decide what is important in the spec e.g. for gaming you are going to need a fast processor, good / compatible graphics capability. Difficult for someone else to decide for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2012   #3

wdinows 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ibshaw View Post
All very well reading a spec but what will you be using the computer for...... gaming, browsing,data manipulation, graphics etc etc - so you have to decide what is important in the spec e.g. for gaming you are going to need a fast processor, good / compatible graphics capability. Difficult for someone else to decide for you.
I'm gonna be using it for browsing and games like world of wacraft. But have you read the reviews? Im iffy about it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Sep 2012   #4

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ibshaw View Post
All very well reading a spec but what will you be using the computer for...... gaming, browsing,data manipulation, graphics etc etc - so you have to decide what is important in the spec e.g. for gaming you are going to need a fast processor, good / compatible graphics capability. Difficult for someone else to decide for you.
I'm gonna be using it for browsing and games like world of wacraft. But have you read the reviews? Im iffy about it.
Hi there
I guess you can ask 10 different people and they will give you 10 different opinions.

At the price they are selling it for, you have to ask yourself, why is it cheap.
Obviously they are using the cheapest PSU they can as well as the MOBO so "you get what you pay for". ( I learned that, if you check my thread abot the BTO computer I ordered, although it was sorted out I had to put up with a lot of hassle).
On the other hand you could buy a "top of the line model" or a "brand name " and still have problems.

So if you are on a tight budget and willing to take a bit of a risk why not go for it.
It might a good buy. You can let us know !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2012   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Here is an option for you. This place sells the PC's without an OS. If you have a Win 7 disk and are not going to use your old system anymore, you can install it on the new system and save a lot of money. They ship like Newegg or the others. I have visited their store and they are good. Check them out. Discount Computer Systems / PC @ Directron.com Spring Fall Back to School Linux Operating and Security Systems -Best Computer Online Store - Buy with Discount Prices from Houston Texas-Directron.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2012   #6

wdinows 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Here is an option for you. This place sells the PC's without an OS. If you have a Win 7 disk and are not going to use your old system anymore, you can install it on the new system and save a lot of money. They ship like Newegg or the others. I have visited their store and they are good. Check them out. Discount Computer Systems / PC @ Directron.com Spring Fall Back to School Linux Operating and Security Systems -Best Computer Online Store - Buy with Discount Prices from Houston Texas-Directron.com
Can you show me a computer on there better than the one I linked but for the same price? I don't know computer specs really.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2012   #7

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post

Can you show me a computer on there better than the one I linked but for the same price? I don't know computer specs really.
You won't get much for 530$, but have you thought about building one?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2012   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jemjem787 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post

Can you show me a computer on there better than the one I linked but for the same price? I don't know computer specs really.
You won't get much for 530$, but have you thought about building one?
He can get a good one for $500. Building your own PC is more expensive than buying a ready made one at the store.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2012   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 SP1, Home Premium, 64-bit
 
 

If you must buy a pre-assembled PC, I'd point you toward a major OEM such as Dell or maybe HP as they are more likely to have at least average quality internal components such as power supply and motherboard.

Consider "refurbished" and consider the Dell factory outlet store.

I'd look for a PC powered by an Intel i-3 processor, such as an i-3 2120. You might even be able to find an i-5.

You can find them for mid-400 dollars, or less. Then add a graphics card separately for gaming.

There is NOTHING wrong with going with other brands IF you can confirm what internal parts are used. But I'd shy away if I could not determine that for fear of getting a particularly trashy power supply or motherboard.

I have bought hardware from Directron before and have no problem generally with them as a vendor. But I looked through their "barebones" PCs and they all seem to have no description at all for the power supply. That would put me off, but you might have good luck with them nevertheless.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2012   #10
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imaginenv View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Here is an option for you. This place sells the PC's without an OS. If you have a Win 7 disk and are not going to use your old system anymore, you can install it on the new system and save a lot of money. They ship like Newegg or the others. I have visited their store and they are good. Check them out. Discount Computer Systems / PC @ Directron.com Spring Fall Back to School Linux Operating and Security Systems -Best Computer Online Store - Buy with Discount Prices from Houston Texas-Directron.com
Can you show me a computer on there better than the one I linked but for the same price? I don't know computer specs really.
On a budget, I would go for this one a little more expensive but with better specs for what you plan to do.
Only the Graphics change from your first choice.

HD7750 is slighty faster and consume less power than the HD6670.

iBUYPOWER Gamer Power NE522FX Desktop
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Should I buy this computer?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33