Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Some apps crashing in a row

29 Sep 2012   #1
Darrylx3

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
Some apps crashing in a row

Sometimes (Rarely), when I am doing something half way suddenly some applications crash (In a row, time interval : 10 seconds).

Just occured just now when I turn on a game, I checked taskmng.exe CPU is at 99% by the way.

Any idea what is the cause?
I have 8GB ram, windows 7, intel core 3rd gen i5.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Sep 2012   #2
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darrylx3 View Post
Sometimes (Rarely), when I am doing something half way suddenly some applications crash (In a row, time interval : 10 seconds).

Just occured just now when I turn on a game, I checked taskmng.exe CPU is at 99% by the way.

Any idea what is the cause?
I have 8GB ram, windows 7, intel core 3rd gen i5.
Please add your system specs;

System Info - See Your System Specs

What is causing the high CPU usage when you checked "Task Manager"? As a guess as to the cause, it sounds like it may be a power supply issue if you have a desktop system or overheating issue if it's a laptop.

HTH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2012   #3
Darrylx3

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darrylx3 View Post
Sometimes (Rarely), when I am doing something half way suddenly some applications crash (In a row, time interval : 10 seconds).

Just occured just now when I turn on a game, I checked taskmng.exe CPU is at 99% by the way.

Any idea what is the cause?
I have 8GB ram, windows 7, intel core 3rd gen i5.
Please add your system specs;

System Info - See Your System Specs

What is causing the high CPU usage when you checked "Task Manager"? As a guess as to the cause, it sounds like it may be a power supply issue if you have a desktop system or overheating issue if it's a laptop.

HTH
Added! Sorry for any inconvenience.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Sep 2012   #4
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darrylx3 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darrylx3 View Post
Sometimes (Rarely), when I am doing something half way suddenly some applications crash (In a row, time interval : 10 seconds).

Just occured just now when I turn on a game, I checked taskmng.exe CPU is at 99% by the way.

Any idea what is the cause?
I have 8GB ram, windows 7, intel core 3rd gen i5.
Please add your system specs;

System Info - See Your System Specs

What is causing the high CPU usage when you checked "Task Manager"? As a guess as to the cause, it sounds like it may be a power supply issue if you have a desktop system or overheating issue if it's a laptop.

HTH
Added! Sorry for any inconvenience.
Could you please reply to the other part of my post; What is causing the high CPU usage?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Sep 2012   #5
Darrylx3

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

When I open a game. Only that game "BlackShot" no idea why this low graphic game can max out my CPU D:
Happened twice today.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Sep 2012   #6
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darrylx3 View Post
When I open a game. Only that game "BlackShot" no idea why this low graphic game can max out my CPU D:
Happened twice today.
I am not a gamer, but laptops are not a good choice for games. The issue is usually related to heat build up. You could try cleaning out any dust accumulation and see if it helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Some apps crashing in a row




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Drivers keeps crashing and recovering, apps keep on being blocked.
Hi, (Windows 8.1 64bit) I have built a new computer recently and it's been running brilliantly until I installed my old graphics card into my new computer. My graphics card is a GTX 660 and before I was using on-board graphics. When I play Arma 3 or Garry's mod or maybe other games (I'm not...
Graphic Cards
Minimized apps and Running apps not on task bar
Hello All I upgraded from Vista Ultimate 32 to 7 Ultimate 32. The only quirk I cannot solve is that I see no apps on my task bar. ANd when I minimize a window it does not go to the task bar as it should. It look like a small minimized window. See attached...
General Discussion
Crashing apps,need to solve frequent 0xe0000001 and 0xc0000005 errors
Hey all, im getting alot of errors im in the middle of data recovery in a different progz and all of them is crashing in scanning process or after that. im also getting crashes and error in other non-recovery related programs. most notably are with 0xe0000001 and 0xc0000005 Exception codes with...
BSOD Help and Support
32 bit apps cannot connect to network. 64 bit apps can.
I can only connect to the network using 64 bit applications on Window 7 Pro SP1. The problem occured after installing the latest version of iTunes (may or may not be related). I uninstalled iTunes with no change. IE 32 bit crashes after opening. Firefox opens but gives Server Not Found...
Network & Sharing
Multiple Apps Crashing Faulting module OLEAUT32.dll
Hi All, I am having some annoying issues with my computer. Lots of apps are crashing including FireFox, iTunes, and even word. iTunes fails to start period. Firefox, word, and other apps will crash if I go to save a file and try to create a new directory to save it to. In the even viewer, I...
BSOD Help and Support
apps crashing in windows 7 RC 32 bit, PLEASE HELP!!!!
i have had the windows 7 RC for about 6 months, and suddenly all my apps are crashing!!!! i have a Asus M3A78H,AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 2.7 ghz, 3gb of corsair DDR2 800 memory, integrated radeon HD 3200 graphics and a WD 750gb sata hard drive. about a week ago, i turned on my cp and a box came up...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:44.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App