Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Forgot the password


20 Sep 2009   #1

Snow Leopard (10.6.1)
 
 
Forgot the password

OK, dad pw protected my computer and forgot it...

How am I supposed to get on it? he remembers it, but the password he is putting in isn't working

Kind Regards


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Sep 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
OK, dad pw protected my computer and forgot it...

How am I supposed to get on it? he remembers it, but the password he is putting in isn't working

Kind Regards
On the mac listed in your system specs??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2009   #3

Vista Ultimate X64/ Windows 7 Dual-boot
 
 

Talk to Dad...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 Sep 2009   #4

Snow Leopard (10.6.1)
 
 

Yes, OSX is fine though, he used the same password for both, but the OSX logged me in!
I don't know why the Windows 7 one isn't the same, he must of typed it wrong or something.

Aargh all my games are on Windows 7!
I won't re-install until I buy it Oct 22 :O

Kind Regards
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2009   #5

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

lower case letter or CAPS or a mixture of BoTh ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2009   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Steelbom, can you describe what exactly the problem is?

The way I understand it, your Dad set your password on your mac, and you forgot it.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2009   #7

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

any numbers maybe?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2009   #8

Snow Leopard (10.6.1)
 
 

Quote:
Steelborn, can you describe what exactly the problem is?
Normally I wouldn't mention a mis-spelt name,
but I really hate steelborn it sounds like still-born, it's steelbomb without the last b

The problem is
He set the password for OSX and Windows 7,
the point being so I can't access the admin account on OSX or the admin account on Windows 7
(which happens to be the only account on windows). I am only allowed on the "managed" accounts. (Parental Controls)

I'm sure caps lock was not on, it has a little green light on it if it is on, so it's pretty obvious,
It had letters and numbers, but wasn't a difficult password.

It was also used on OSX as well, I later got dad to change the OSX one back,
Which worked just fine, it's just Windows 7 which won't work :/

Kind Regards
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2009   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
Quote:
Steelborn, can you describe what exactly the problem is?
Normally I wouldn't mention a mis-spelt name,
but I really hate steelborn it sounds like still-born, it's steelbomb without the last b
What typo?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
The problem is
He set the password for OSX and Windows 7,
the point being so I can't access the admin account on OSX or the admin account on Windows 7
(which happens to be the only account on windows). I am only allowed on the "managed" accounts. (Parental Controls)

I'm sure caps lock was not on, it has a little green light on it if it is on, so it's pretty obvious,
It had letters and numbers, but wasn't a difficult password.

It was also used on OSX as well, I later got dad to change the OSX one back,
Which worked just fine, it's just Windows 7 which won't work :/

Kind Regards
It sounds like you just need to make sure you type it correctly. Keep in mind that your dad may have made an error typing it in, therefor the password on the computer is wrong.....

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2009   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Call dad
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Forgot the password




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Forgot the password
Thread Forum
Forgot password but im logged in General Discussion
Solved Forgot Password General Discussion
Forgot My Password! General Discussion
Password forgot General Discussion
Forgot password General Discussion
forgot password! help! General Discussion
Forgot my password - help!!! General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33