Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Application problems....

04 Oct 2012   #1

Windows 7 Home Basic 64bit x86
 
 
Application problems....

all my application icons have changed to movie maker icon or something how do i make them back 2 normal....?? Please help... i have kaspersky internet security 2013 but even it is not able to detect the virus...

[IMG]http://s14.**************/owuu11lzl/Screen_Shot050.png[/IMG]

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Oct 2012   #2
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello Epic,

If this is for all of your .exe file extensions, then you might see if downloading and merging the .reg file for the listed EXE option in the tutorial below. It will restore it's default associations.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2012   #3

Windows 7 Home Basic 64bit x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Epic,

If this is for all of your .exe file extensions, then you might see if downloading and merging the .reg file for the listed EXE option in the tutorial below. It will restore it's default associations.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Hi Shawn,
thanks for your reply i downolad .reg file according to tutorial but when i right clicked it i couldnt see any thing called Merge..
and the problems i have is not only with installed programs but also with all installed softwares... and when i open them i receive a warning from Kaspersky, and another dialog box from windows (that says do u trust the program and stuff)... whether i click yes/no/close it nothing happens..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Oct 2012   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by epic22 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Epic,

If this is for all of your .exe file extensions, then you might see if downloading and merging the .reg file for the listed EXE option in the tutorial below. It will restore it's default associations.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Hi Shawn,
thanks for your reply i downolad .reg file according to tutorial but when i right clicked it i couldnt see any thing called Merge..
and the problems i have is not only with installed programs but also with all installed softwares... and when i open them i receive a warning from Kaspersky, and another dialog box from windows (that says do u trust the program and stuff)... whether i click yes/no/close it nothing happens..
Did you see this notice in the instructions;


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2012   #5

Windows 7 Home Basic 64bit x86
 
 

Hi! I saw that tip box and checked my (C:\Windows\regedit.exe) its fine..

btw i told tou that when i open softwares i receive a warning from Kaspersky, and another dialog box from windows (that says do u trust the program and stuff)... whether i click yes/no/close it nothing happens..

here is the snapshot... and it makes me think that its virus doing all that has happened...
[IMG]http://s14.**************/5eba85lht/Screen_Shot051.png[/IMG]

This oone is microsoft warning
[IMG]http://s7.**************/v3aszk0iz/DSC03476.jpg[/IMG]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2012   #6

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by epic22 View Post
Hi! I saw that tip box and checked my (C:\Windows\regedit.exe) its fine..

btw i told tou that when i open softwares i receive a warning from Kaspersky, and another dialog box from windows (that says do u trust the program and stuff)... whether i click yes/no/close it nothing happens..

here is the snapshot... and it makes me think that its virus doing all that has happened...
[IMG]http://s14.**************/5eba85lht/Screen_Shot051.png[/IMG]

This oone is microsoft warning
[IMG]http://s7.**************/v3aszk0iz/DSC03476.jpg[/IMG]
It appears you have been infected by malware. I would suggest visiting the following site;

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/chameleon/

Post back results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Application problems....




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33