Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Got this when booting, "remove boot execute record unsuccessfully"...

28 Oct 2012   #21
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gmsmagic1 View Post
There may be better packages out there, but AVG serves its purpose for my needs.

How can the 2013 edition that retailers sell on their shelves today, and which updates daily, be long past its sell by date as you state?

Regardless, you're missing my point. Walking away from a problem doesn't solve the problem if someone is seeking a solution and wishes to avoid dropping another $40 on new software. I'm betting that there is an easier fix. And if not, I believe AVG offers a 30 day money back guarantee. So they deserve the chance to fix their own issue.
AVG, better known back when as AntiVirus Grisoft, has a forum. Have you tried there for help.

http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-forums


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Nov 2012   #22
kitsune0

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I am having the same issue. So this can be confirmed that comes from AVG 2013 or from Tuneup? If someone is getting this error without one of those apps would be very helpful to know from where the problem really comes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2012   #23
rubes

Vista 32 bit
 
 
update:

Hey guys,
Unfortunately I am still getting the start up message with no solution yet. However I am convinced its the result of tuneup rather than avg in general. I remember scheduling a defragment on startup the first day I trialled tuneup (this could be the reason?), hoever since the trial period has finished, I can't access any of the settings in tuneup without buying it. So I went through hell removing tuneup as best I could (really hard), yet no difference.
Anyone else had any luck?

Cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Nov 2012   #24
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rubes View Post
Hey guys,
Unfortunately I am still getting the start up message with no solution yet. However I am convinced its the result of tuneup rather than avg in general. I remember scheduling a defragment on startup the first day I trialled tuneup (this could be the reason?), hoever since the trial period has finished, I can't access any of the settings in tuneup without buying it. So I went through hell removing tuneup as best I could (really hard), yet no difference.
Anyone else had any luck?

Cheers
Check the video at the following link;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZV7HGgw4oA

I have never used the program, so I can't say whether the process shown will work or not.

HTH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2012   #25
rubes

Vista 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rubes View Post
Hey guys,
Unfortunately I am still getting the start up message with no solution yet. However I am convinced its the result of tuneup rather than avg in general. I remember scheduling a defragment on startup the first day I trialled tuneup (this could be the reason?), hoever since the trial period has finished, I can't access any of the settings in tuneup without buying it. So I went through hell removing tuneup as best I could (really hard), yet no difference.
Anyone else had any luck?

Cheers
Check the video at the following link;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZV7HGgw4oA

I have never used the program, so I can't say the whether the process shown will work or not.

HTH
Thanks HTH,
yeah thats exactly what happened to me. Ended up having to go into program files and deleting what I could, then found an extension program called tuneup rescue centre or something and that got the rest of it off
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2012   #26
rubes

Vista 32 bit
 
 
possible cause

Ok I have been doing a bit of looking around, and I think I have found what is causing the message. btw I was able to uninstall tuneup the best I could.
So go to:
Computer Cdrive, program files, AVG, AVG 2013, tuneup folder. This is the only part of tuneup that remains on my computer - but I cant delete the files that are 'application extensions'

Anyway: I went to start, run, regedit,
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE - Software - Delete the entire folder 'tuneup'
Then delete under AVG - avg2013 -folder AWL2012

HKEY current USER - software - delete entire tuneup folder
and under AVG folder there was a tuneup folder too, delete that

The outcome of this was......
Now I'm not getting the message 'remove boot execute unuccessful......' Im getting a different message hahaha. It now says:
'turegopt program not found. skipping autocheck'

So I have definitely removed the program file, and the message that comes up now doesnt last as long.
So basically, the message we have been getting is an autocheck - setting of tuneup in some way. I have an exam tomorrow, but after that I am going to try and delete all avg folders under regedit and reinstall.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2012   #27
kitsune0

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I found the way to fix this problem


How to fix "remove boot execute record unsuccessfully"

First of all, you dont need to either unninstall TuneUp or AVG. That error message is harmless and only shows the actual state after you programmed/executed the registry defrag tool from TuneUp.

Why this happen?

TuneUp Registry Defrag runs on boot while AVG just try to protect our PC. This makes TuneUp impossible to do its defragmentation task, but aside of that, there arent any problem. You just cant use TuneUp Registry Defrag till AVG works in a fix to allow this application to work which isnt something really necessary (I rather like to have both software installed and get the best benefits of them missing a single feature that will be patched more soon or later...).


So, how to fix this problem?

This is really easy to fix. First we need Autoruns software, a really powerfull application that give us complete control over what will be loaded when Windows start.

You can download Autoruns from microsfot website here.

After you downloaded the application, extract the files in a folder of your choice and run the application with administrator rights.

Wait some seconds till everything loads and then go to the Logon tab and uncheck the entry RegistryDefrag Success Message as shown in the following screenshot.






Now click on the Boot Execute tab and uncheck the entries autocheck turegopt and autocheck turegopt /AM as shown in the following screenshot.






Now close the application and restart. You will see that the error message is gone forever.

Take in account that those entries may vary depending of your OS, if you already unninstalled TuneUp or AVG or if you have done any other change. Also remember, that if you execute TuneUp Registry Defrag (even if you just only scan) you will probably get the same error message on logon screen so I recommend you to wait for an AVG update where you can know clearly that this problem have been fixed.

I made this small guide by myself and tested on my own PC. Working perfectly on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with the latest updates at time of writing this message.


I hope you find this useful, regards, Kitsune Shan.-
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2012   #28
tonydw96

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 
The Problem Solved!!!!!

Finally!! no more message when booting!

I try to check my C: drive with 'TuneUp Disk Doctor' 2013. Just follow the step and it will ask you to restart to complete the check, then windows will check the drive after you restart.

Got this when booting, "remove boot execute record unsuccessfully"...-tuneup.png

And the message is not showing anymore when booting

Hope this will also help you guys out
Thanks to everybody who kindly reply my post to help me solve this problem

THANK YOU ALL!!!!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2012   #29
tonydw96

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kitsune0 View Post
I found the way to fix this problem


How to fix "remove boot execute record unsuccessfully"

First of all, you dont need to either unninstall TuneUp or AVG. That error message is harmless and only shows the actual state after you programmed/executed the registry defrag tool from TuneUp.

Why this happen?

TuneUp Registry Defrag runs on boot while AVG just try to protect our PC. This makes TuneUp impossible to do its defragmentation task, but aside of that, there arent any problem. You just cant use TuneUp Registry Defrag till AVG works in a fix to allow this application to work which isnt something really necessary (I rather like to have both software installed and get the best benefits of them missing a single feature that will be patched more soon or later...).


So, how to fix this problem?

This is really easy to fix. First we need Autoruns software, a really powerfull application that give us complete control over what will be loaded when Windows start.

You can download Autoruns from microsfot website here.

After you downloaded the application, extract the files in a folder of your choice and run the application with administrator rights.

Wait some seconds till everything loads and then go to the Logon tab and uncheck the entry RegistryDefrag Success Message as shown in the following screenshot.






Now click on the Boot Execute tab and uncheck the entries autocheck turegopt and autocheck turegopt /AM as shown in the following screenshot.






Now close the application and restart. You will see that the error message is gone forever.

Take in account that those entries may vary depending of your OS, if you already unninstalled TuneUp or AVG or if you have done any other change. Also remember, that if you execute TuneUp Registry Defrag (even if you just only scan) you will probably get the same error message on logon screen so I recommend you to wait for an AVG update where you can know clearly that this problem have been fixed.

I made this small guide by myself and tested on my own PC. Working perfectly on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with the latest updates at time of writing this message.


I hope you find this useful, regards, Kitsune Shan.-
Hey kitsune, thanks for reply my post
I didn't uninstall the avg 2013 or the tuneup. I just try to do the tuneup disk check doctor and now can boot normally

Maybe not everyone can solve the problem with my method, they can try your method too.

Once again, thanks for the reply

Regards,
Tony
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2012   #30
tonydw96

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rubes View Post
Ok I have been doing a bit of looking around, and I think I have found what is causing the message. btw I was able to uninstall tuneup the best I could.
So go to:
Computer Cdrive, program files, AVG, AVG 2013, tuneup folder. This is the only part of tuneup that remains on my computer - but I cant delete the files that are 'application extensions'

Anyway: I went to start, run, regedit,
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE - Software - Delete the entire folder 'tuneup'
Then delete under AVG - avg2013 -folder AWL2012

HKEY current USER - software - delete entire tuneup folder
and under AVG folder there was a tuneup folder too, delete that

The outcome of this was......
Now I'm not getting the message 'remove boot execute unuccessful......' Im getting a different message hahaha. It now says:
'turegopt program not found. skipping autocheck'

So I have definitely removed the program file, and the message that comes up now doesnt last as long.
So basically, the message we have been getting is an autocheck - setting of tuneup in some way. I have an exam tomorrow, but after that I am going to try and delete all avg folders under regedit and reinstall.
You don't need to uninstall tune up, just try to do the tuneup disk doctor.
I did it and now the message completely gone
Hope you can solve your problem too

Regards,
Tony
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Got this when booting, "remove boot execute record unsuccessfully"...




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Remove "Restore previous versions" and "Share with" from context menu
Hello! ... How about removing these two: "Restore previous versions" and "Share with"
Customization
"jmb36x ide setup" Can I remove from Boot??
OS is Windows 7 x64 bit and I do not use RAID, I simply have 3 SATA magnetic Hard Drives my main boot drive is a 128 GB SSD iaStor Drive. Motherboard is Gigabyte model GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.1 "jmb36x ide setup" loads with start-up, is this necessary or would not loading it cause a very serious...
Installation & Setup
BSOD after "Remote procedure call failed and did not execute"
-Windows Home Premium x64 -Windows Vista initially installed; Dell provided a windows 7 Installation CD once it came out. Hardware was bought ~December 2009. Installed Windows 7 once in 2010 and once earlier this year. When I tried to make the System Health Report, it came up with "The...
BSOD Help and Support
Booting Issue: "Reboot and Select proper Boot device"
I haven't been on my computer for a week, I was away from home and once I turned it on i get some message saying, Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key. This happens every time I turn on the PC. I don't get to the Windows login screen...
BSOD Help and Support
Booting from DVD issue, "Reboot and select proper boot device".
Hi! I just burned a copy of the Windows 8 Developer Preview onto a DVD. I have created a partition for the new OS (because I don't want to install over Windows 7). When Windows 7 is running and I pop in the DVD, the computer directly recognizes it as a runnable program. I'm also able to install...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:48.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App