I found out what the problem is and wanted to share the solution:
- it seems only the standard user accounts had this problem , the admin account would "save" the settings.
- I changed my "standards"accounts to admin accounts, adjusted the animation settings and reverted them back to "standard"accounts and they now keep the setting.
Some other hints I found while googling are (but i didn't actually follow those since I found above solution). Just in case above doesn't help someone:
- adjust registry (I looked, but it turned out the registry was set to not animate)
- restore (did, but didn't help)
- system repair (didn't do since one second before i did i found the above solution