Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How do I downgrade back to windows 7 after upgrading to windows 8 Pro

06 Nov 2012   #1
weedavey

windows 7 home prem 64
 
 
How do I downgrade back to windows 7 after upgrading to windows 8 Pro

Hi Guys, as title suggests, I upgraded to windows 8 Pro from windows 7 home premium (just because it was free after redeeming from PB) and Just don't like it. My system is Packard Bell imedia s2870 with i5 2320 3 ghz. Windows 7 came installed on it already so I don't have disk. I do have my old dell vista laptop with all my needed personal files still alive though. Please can someone advise me on how I go about getting back to 7 as I much prefer it to 8.

Many thanks in advance. Dave.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Nov 2012   #2
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

information   Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create


Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?


Manual how to use Acer eRecovery Management here:
ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/empowering_technology/NB%20ET2%20user's%20guide/Acer%20eRecovery%20Management%20English.pdf

Have you tried pressing <Alt+F10> at boot up, to goto the Acer eRecovery Management.
Acer Support: Frequently Asked Questions list for How to use Acer eRecovery

-acer001.png
You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer


Check & see if Acer eRecovery Management is still install.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2012   #3
weedavey

windows 7 home prem 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
information   Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.

& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create


Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?


Manual how to use Acer eRecovery Management here:
ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/note...%20English.pdf

Have you tried pressing <Alt+F10> at boot up, to goto the Acer eRecovery Management.
Acer Support: Frequently Asked Questions list for How to use Acer eRecovery

Attachment 240262
You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer


Check & see if Acer eRecovery Management is still install.

No I did not make discs..... I now realise just how bull at gate I have been with this all. My system is not acer though it is Packard Bell..... ahhh just looked at label on side of machine and saw the acer name.

Is this the only way to revert to 7?

Thanks Dave
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Nov 2012   #4
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

You can download a Windows 7 ISO from mydigitallife.info, burn it to a disc, install, and activate with your Windows 7 product key.

Do you have that 25 character product key??

You also may be able to restore via a recovery partition on your hard drive, but that was likely deleted or rendered unusable by the Win 8 install.

"Bull at gate" must be Brit slang for something. Never heard it. Meaning foolish? Stubborn? Careless?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2012   #5
weedavey

windows 7 home prem 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
You can download a Windows 7 ISO from mydigitallife.info, burn it to a disc, install, and activate with your Windows 7 product key.

Do you have that 25 character product key??

You also may be able to restore via a recovery partition on your hard drive, but that was likely deleted or rendered unusable by the Win 8 install.

"Bull at gate" must be Brit slang for something. Never heard it. Meaning foolish? Stubborn? Careless?

Yes I have the key, its on the windows sticker on the side of machine right? How do I get into recovery partition?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2012   #6
weedavey

windows 7 home prem 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post

"Bull at gate" must be Brit slang for something. Never heard it. Meaning foolish? Stubborn? Careless?

Yes all of the above
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2012   #7
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Is your key in this format:

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Total of 25 numbers and letters. The sticker should mention a version of Windows as well.

I'm not sure how to get into recovery partition on your particular PC, but the fact is you may no longer have such a partition.

Consult your manual for how to get at it.

Or post a picture of your Windows Disk Management so we can see if you still have such a partition.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2012   #8
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

If it's an Acer, this is the procedure: ACER PC Restore to factory settings
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2012   #9
weedavey

windows 7 home prem 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Is your key in this format:

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Total of 25 numbers and letters. The sticker should mention a version of Windows as well.

I'm not sure how to get into recovery partition on your particular PC, but the fact is you may no longer have such a partition.

Consult your manual for how to get at it.

Or post a picture of your Windows Disk Management so we can see if you still have such a partition.
Yep, got that key.

Believe it or not....... no manual.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2012   #10
weedavey

windows 7 home prem 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
If it's an Acer, this is the procedure: ACER PC Restore to factory settings
Its Packard bell but they look to be part of the acer group
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How do I downgrade back to windows 7 after upgrading to windows 8 Pro




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 8 Downgrade to Windows 7 Lenovo Y410p. Windows install stuck.
I have a Lenovo Y410P, I want to downgrade from Windows 8 and I whipped my hard drive. I also set all of the correct setting such as: Converting HDD from GBT to MBR Deleting Volumes Formatting HDD Setting Legacy Boot Changing Boot Priorites Removing Secure Boot Making OS setting for other...
Installation & Setup
'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins
Hello, There are numerous threads with the same issue online, but none of the solutions have worked for me, so I'm posting my own. I did contact Microsoft and Lenovo, but Lenovo is asking for money that I can't afford for tech support, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out. Here's the...
Installation & Setup
BSOD after downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7 0x00000116 (atigmpag.
After downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7, I have a BSOD problem from time to time, mainly when I'm watching some movies using wmp, or videos on youtube. I would be very grateful if someone help me. Thank you.
BSOD Help and Support
How to Downgrade Windows Media Player 12 to WMP 11 on Windows 7
Dear All I found something interesting topic on google search. how to change WMP 12 to WMP11 If you are one such user, unconformable with WMP 12 then here is the way to downgrade your Windows 7 WMP 12 to Window Media player 11. Thanks who has made Windows Media Player 11 installer for...
Customization
Downgrade back to vista?
hello these past few days i've been using windows 7 and its good but still a little buggy and some programs i want to run are not compatible with windows 7 so is there a way i can downgrade back to vista without reformatting?
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App