My issue reported in the previous post has been resolved thanks to Nigel's blog: Fixing User Profiles in Vista and Windows 7
It may have been a user-profile issue.
What I did:
- enabled logging in as "hidden administrator" (net user administrator /active:yes)
- login as administrator
- run virusscan
- run virus bootscan
- run registry cleaner
I had several java trojans and malware on this machine.
Also had an lsass.exe in the root that was autostarted and had an extra executable on the same autostart line with a name something like pgdpgdpgdpgdpg.exe (not exact name) which was already removed by the virus scanner. So on start-up complained about it missing. That is how I found the lsass.exe file. I removed that one manually.
After that everything OK for the standard user too.
Disabled the "hidden administrator" through "net user administrator /active:no
Hope this helps others.