Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Full Retail Version of Pro For Students only 29.99


31 Oct 2009   #81

Windows XP MCE
 
 

Just to give an update to this, it is still currently working as of 5:30PM EST, Oct 31. I called and pressed one and asked the woman if they offered student discounts for full retail version of windows 7 and she said no, they don't offer any type of discount for anything related to windows 7, which obviously is not true. I called back and pressed 7 for questions related to windows 7. I asked the guy if they offered student discounts for full retail versions and he said yes. I ordered my windows 7 pro full retail version and am waiting for it to arrive now. I asked if it appplied to ultimate as some people said here that they got that deal but he said no, no biggie to me though. Its amazing though that one person said they offer no discounts at all when they have a student discount on the store site for upgrade media that is currently active.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Oct 2009   #82

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PicklesForNoOne View Post
Just to give an update to this, it is still currently working as of 5:30PM EST, Oct 31. I called and pressed one and asked the woman if they offered student discounts for full retail version of windows 7 and she said no, they don't offer any type of discount for anything related to windows 7, which obviously is not true. I called back and pressed 7 for questions related to windows 7. I asked the guy if they offered student discounts for full retail versions and he said yes. I ordered my windows 7 pro full retail version and am waiting for it to arrive now. I asked if it appplied to ultimate as some people said here that they got that deal but he said no, no biggie to me though. Its amazing though that one person said they offer no discounts at all when they have a student discount on the store site for upgrade media that is currently active.
I had to call twice too. The first CSR I spoke with said no discount on full version and that the student discount only applied to a downloadable upgrade version (wouldn't ship disc). After hanging up and waiting about 5 minutes, the next CSR I spoke with allowed me to purchase the full version of Windows 7 Pro for the student discount $29.99 + tax + shipping (full version arrived in retail box).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Oct 2009   #83

Windows 7 RC - 7100 64bit
 
 

Yep, basically it comes down to half or so of the CSR's at their end of the phone are misinformed and it will probably be fixed some time soon. And either the first half denying us the FULL RETAIL version is misinformed and they'll stopped offering it and only the upgrade, or vice versa.

And to the post above mine. Their company is HUGE. I called 3 times within a 10min window if not smaller, and got 3 different representatives. You can just hang up and hit redial instantly. odds are you will get a new one each time. Just remember names. and I always answer their hello with a "How is your day going?" and a good 30seconds of small talk, just to get them in a good mood.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Nov 2009   #84

Vista Ultimate x64
 
 

Just another update on this topic. I have two friends of mine that also ordered this deal. They both called, both reps for both friends said they do offer a discount. One said they offer Ultimate as part of the discount and the other rep said they didn't. So long story short, One got Pro, and one got Ultimate. It seems to be the luck of the draw for getting the Ultimate discount. Both of my friends are receiving the full version not the upgrade. So to all who are out there that haven't ordered, Do it now!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2009   #85

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by november7286 View Post
Just another update on this topic. I have two friends of mine that also ordered this deal. They both called, both reps for both friends said they do offer a discount. One said they offer Ultimate as part of the discount and the other rep said they didn't. So long story short, One got Pro, and one got Ultimate. It seems to be the luck of the draw for getting the Ultimate discount. Both of my friends are receiving the full version not the upgrade. So to all who are out there that haven't ordered, Do it now!
Yes, do it now and keep hanging up/calling back until you get a rep that allows you the Ultimate discount! I wish I would have done that instead of settling on Pro because it is more of a discount.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2009   #86

vista 32bit home
 
 
can i do a fresh install from download? please help.

I want to go from vista 32 bit to 7 64 bit by download without having a physical disk. Can I do this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2009   #87

Windows XP MCE
 
 

You are going to have to download the iso and burn that to a disc in order to do that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2009   #88

Windows 7 RC - 7100 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PicklesForNoOne View Post
You are going to have to download the iso and burn that to a disc in order to do that.

There is also a tutorial I am sure someone could show you too that turns your download into an .iso.

Make bootable iso from student d/l

Then there is another that shows you how to burn the .iso to a physical CD or DVD for you to use.

There is also another tutorial that shows you how to do all of this but instead of a CD, you make a Bootable USB device that is the same as an install disc.

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2009   #89

windows vista
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PicklesForNoOne View Post
Just to give an update to this, it is still currently working as of 5:30PM EST, Oct 31. I called and pressed one and asked the woman if they offered student discounts for full retail version of windows 7 and she said no, they don't offer any type of discount for anything related to windows 7, which obviously is not true. I called back and pressed 7 for questions related to windows 7. I asked the guy if they offered student discounts for full retail versions and he said yes. I ordered my windows 7 pro full retail version and am waiting for it to arrive now. I asked if it appplied to ultimate as some people said here that they got that deal but he said no, no biggie to me though. Its amazing though that one person said they offer no discounts at all when they have a student discount on the store site for upgrade media that is currently active.
That happened to me, too. The first representative said that 29.99 deal is only effective for the first 2 days after Windows 7 was released, hence no discounts or whatsoever.
Thank you for the info, otherwise I would have given up.
The second representative told me that either Home Premium or Professional is 29.99, and Ultimate is 99.99, so I ordered a Professional.
Hope this helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #90

Vista Ultimate x64
 
 

Just giving a final update, I just recieved Win 7 Ultimate(Full retail version) in the mail in the original packaging as you would purchase in the store. I know some people were wondering as to what type of packaging it comes in. Going to install it this weekend.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Full Retail Version of Pro For Students only 29.99




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Full Retail Version of Pro For Students only 29.99
Thread Forum
Activating Windows 7 Ultimate retail full version Windows Updates & Activation
Win 7 retail version Installation & Setup
Full retail version of Malwarebytes & Comodo.. anyone using both? System Security
x32 Only Full Retail General Discussion
retail or upgrade version? General Discussion
Win7 for Students not full - It is an Upgrade - Proof General Discussion
installation of retail version Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33