Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Full Retail Version of Pro For Students only 29.99

25 Sep 2009   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600 Build 7600
 
 
Full Retail Version of Pro For Students only 29.99

Recently I saw a posting about digital river offering 29.99 for anyone with a student email address. You had to go to the website and choose which version and whether or not you wanted the 64bit or 32 bit upgrade. I placed the order and then called Microsoft Store to cancel my previous preorder. When I told they why the said they can offer me the full retail version at the same price. I signed up and cancelled my order with digital river.

Here is what you do:
1. Make sure you have a valid email address with .edu
2. Make sure you have your student ID ready.
3. Call 1-877-696-7786
4. Tell them you want to purchase the full retail version of either Home Premium of Professional. Why anyone would not choose Pro is beyond me.

For an extra $5 you can purchase the disk otherwise it is a digital download.

Enjoy a full retail version of Windows 7 for only 30 bucks!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Sep 2009   #2

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen View Post
Recently I saw a posting about digital river offering 29.99 for anyone with a student email address. You had to go to the website and choose which version and whether or not you wanted the 64bit or 32 bit upgrade. I placed the order and then called Microsoft Store to cancel my previous preorder. When I told they why the said they can offer me the full retail version at the same price. I signed up and cancelled my order with digital river.

Here is what you do:
1. Make sure you have a valid email address with .edu
2. Make sure you have your student ID ready.
3. Call 1-877-696-7786
4. Tell them you want to purchase the full retail version of either Home Premium of Professional. Why anyone would not choose Pro is beyond me.

For an extra $5 you can purchase the disk otherwise it is a digital download.

Enjoy a full retail version of Windows 7 for only 30 bucks!
Jacen,

Thank you for sharing. Many wouldn't.

Do you know if 'Ultimate' is also offered ? For benefit of other students reading...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2009   #3

Systems 1 and 2: Windows 7 Enterprise x64, Win 8 Developer
 
 

Eligible students are allowed to purchase one copy of either Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional from the online store.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Sep 2009   #4

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

A class I'm taking has this thing were you can download Windows 7 Professional for free so I'm thinking of getting that. I was this a while ago though, really good offer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2009   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600 Build 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
Eligible students are allowed to purchase one copy of either Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional from the online store.
If you are referring to the digital river www.win741.com website that is where I went to orginally. The problem with that site is that you only get one version, either 32 bit or 64 bit and they are upgrade versions only. Plus you have to pay $13 for a backup disk.

By calling the microsoft store you get full retail of what ever version you choose which includes 32/64 bit disks. Plus for only 5 bucks you get a hard copy. Plus retail does not check for previous versions. At least to my understanding.

I purchased two copies because I am a student and so is my daughter. I only bought one hard copy of the disk since I can use that one disk on any computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2009   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600 Build 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chuckr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen View Post
Recently I saw a posting about digital river offering 29.99 for anyone with a student email address. You had to go to the website and choose which version and whether or not you wanted the 64bit or 32 bit upgrade. I placed the order and then called Microsoft Store to cancel my previous preorder. When I told they why the said they can offer me the full retail version at the same price. I signed up and cancelled my order with digital river.

Here is what you do:
1. Make sure you have a valid email address with .edu
2. Make sure you have your student ID ready.
3. Call 1-877-696-7786
4. Tell them you want to purchase the full retail version of either Home Premium of Professional. Why anyone would not choose Pro is beyond me.

For an extra $5 you can purchase the disk otherwise it is a digital download.

Enjoy a full retail version of Windows 7 for only 30 bucks!
Jacen,

Thank you for sharing. Many wouldn't.

Do you know if 'Ultimate' is also offered ? For benefit of other students reading...
To my understanding there is no student price for Ultimate but it wouldn't hurt to ask when you call.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600 Build 7600
 
 

Also the nice thing about full retail is if you want to do a reinstall you dont have to worry about doing a double install.

Plus you can put it on any computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2009   #8

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Hmmm I wonder if my campus will be selling them for 30 bucks... If not, I'm definitely gonna save a couple bucks and call


Thanks for the information!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2009   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

I have TechNet, so this is not really necessary, but still good to know. I may invest in this just for the hell of it.

Also have a friend who might be interested, though it won't work until next year...

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600 Build 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mjcanton View Post
Hmmm I wonder if my campus will be selling them for 30 bucks... If not, I'm definitely gonna save a couple bucks and call


Thanks for the information!
I doubt the campus will but it only took a few minutes to place the order at the microsoft store. Plus I had to order two copies since I am in school and so is my daughter. Took me a little longer but well worth the savings. The only downside is that if you order the disk they will mail the disk and the product key together. If you do digital download you get the product key immediately. I bought one digital and one hard copy. I like having the hard copy of the disk available for future needs. Something funky about storing everything on a computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Full Retail Version of Pro For Students only 29.99




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Full Retail Version of Pro For Students only 29.99
Thread Forum
Activating Windows 7 Ultimate retail full version Windows Updates & Activation
Win 7 retail version Installation & Setup
Full retail version of Malwarebytes & Comodo.. anyone using both? System Security
x32 Only Full Retail General Discussion
retail or upgrade version? General Discussion
Win7 for Students not full - It is an Upgrade - Proof General Discussion
installation of retail version Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33