Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Does anyone actually LIKE Windows 7?

14 Nov 2012   #41
Lavixgne

windows 7 ultimate x32
 
 

yeah,, I wait for windows 11


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Nov 2012   #42
Dabber

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Everything you ever wanted to know about windows 7 but were afraid to ask.
Windows 7 - Tutorial Index
Thanks, Maguscreed, I will take a look.

Oh, Indianatone. I looked at Classic Shell Settings.zip link as you suggested and my eyes went funny . Not sure how that is meant to help me, sorry. And thanks anyway. (The above is not a real link!)
Menu Setting, the second set of settings in the above, has appeared as an icon/link on my computer screen. Without any request for it to do so from me.

Windows 11, Lavixgne? I wonder how simplified that will be? Perhaps we shall just wish for something to happen (as we watch TV or indulge in some other pastime) and it will happen before our very eyes. Assuming we actually have to look at it!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2012   #43
thebudman

Windows 7
 
 

Dabber it is hard to unlearn old habits and learn new ways to do things you been doing a different way for years, It is not that it is harder it is that you started with something different, It is kind of like if you started on linux then any windows version would be confusing to you becuase you started with something totally different. If you started on windows 7 and one day went back to xp you would be confused and wondering how you do this or that so it is no surprise that is why your so confused and i know it is harder for elder people to learn new things especially when they are set in there ways. I have a grandpa and i can't even teach him how to use a computer, he hates them with a passion and will not use them, Now that is closed minded. Can't learn if you don't truly want to and just saying you want to may not be what you really want inside. Not trying to say your to old.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Nov 2012   #44
indianacarnie

 

He doesn't want to hear that.....he's just trollin.......
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2012   #45
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thebudman View Post
Dabber it is hard to unlearn old habits and learn new ways to do things you been doing a different way for years, It is not that it is harder it is that you started with something different, It is kind of like if you started on linux then any windows version would be confusing to you becuase you started with something totally different. If you started on windows 7 and one day went back to xp you would be confused and wondering how you do this or that so it is no surprise that is why your so confused and i know it is harder for elder people to learn new things especially when they are set in there ways. I have a grandpa and i can't even teach him how to use a computer, he hates them with a passion and will not use them, Now that is closed minded. Can't learn if you don't truly want to and just saying you want to may not be what you really want inside. Not trying to say your to old.
Well uh, sonny.......I know what you mean. My PC just freezes up a lot because I drool on it while I am using it. I have to go, it is time for my nurse to feed me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2012   #46
thebudman

Windows 7
 
 

I can see you don't like libraries just don't use them, I don't use them and i have had windows 7 since beta, i also have xp on 1 laptop and on one desktop, My other two pcs have windows 7 ultimate, I started on computers way before xp was ever invented, Mainly in school on a real old computer that had the real floppy floppys and monochrome monitor lol, Then sometime later we got an old pentium 1 100mhz at home and i learned windows 95 and dos pretty well, I think one computer we had maybe only had dos if i can remember and my dad knew everything about it and i learned it all from him, Now i'm the one that teaches him everything lol, I still know commands by heart to fire up doom in dos without reading the direction with original cdrom, I think i was a teenager when my parents bought it for us and all my friends wanted to come over and play this wicked ass realistic game of its time. As a matter of fact i still have a packard bell 133mhz pc with 1gb hard drive and 32mb of memory and that was upgraded lol, Collecting dust but still works and has windows 98 on it currently and i think i may of added a bigger hd a long time ago, It is the only computer that will work with my scanner because it requires a certain port, They don't make scanners as big as the one i got anymore at least not that i have found most are only a lil bigger than paper size, Still has excellent picture quality.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2012   #47
thebudman

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thebudman View Post
Dabber it is hard to unlearn old habits and learn new ways to do things you been doing a different way for years, It is not that it is harder it is that you started with something different, It is kind of like if you started on linux then any windows version would be confusing to you becuase you started with something totally different. If you started on windows 7 and one day went back to xp you would be confused and wondering how you do this or that so it is no surprise that is why your so confused and i know it is harder for elder people to learn new things especially when they are set in there ways. I have a grandpa and i can't even teach him how to use a computer, he hates them with a passion and will not use them, Now that is closed minded. Can't learn if you don't truly want to and just saying you want to may not be what you really want inside. Not trying to say your to old.
Well uh, sonny.......I know what you mean. My PC just freezes up a lot because I drool on it while I am using it. I have to go, it is time for my nurse to feed me.
lol that was super funny!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2012   #48
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Yes, MS have monopoly power - when you buy a new pc - it has the current version of windows on it.

You don't really have any choice ( unless you have $1200 to spend on a macbook).

It is odd you say you don't like win7 - for most it is the best os ever produced by MS.

It will take a little getting used to after XP.

You don't need to use the libraries - just ignore them and set up everything like you used to.

The big worry is windows 8.

Big change of direction by MS. It's purpose is to take away control from the user - and extract the maximum revenue from them - without them realising.

The art of plucking the turkey without it squealing.

Not may people understand that is what is going on - they are not supposed to of course.




Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dabber View Post
" . . . you shouldn't let a few problems probably caused by user error, hinder your likability for Windows 7; . . ."

If only it was a case of user error. Perhaps the loss of DVD images wasn't the best example of my problems. I just can't understand it. All new systems take time to get used to. I can't see me ever being happy with Windows 7.
Or maybe I'm just too "thick" to try to use Windows 7. Perhaps the simple approach is the best.
I didn't mention Windows 8 because I have dismissed it as being there just to create multi platform use. Someone told me: "If you don't like Windows 7 you will hate Windows 8". So I haven't even looked at.
The trouble with buying any OS is that sales count as positive votes. If we could return the ones we don't like and have it count as a No vote, or reduce the "positive" votes, things might be different.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2012   #49
thebudman

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Yes, MS have monopoly power - when you buy a new pc - it has the current version of windows on it.

You don't really have any choice ( unless you have $1200 to spend on a macbook).

It is odd you say you don't like win7 - for most it is the best os ever produced by MS.

It will take a little getting used to after XP.

You don't need to use the libraries - just ignore them and set up everything like you used to.

The big worry is windows 8.

Big change of direction by MS. It's purpose is to take away control from the user - and extract the maximum revenue from them - without them realising.

The art of plucking the turkey without it squealing.

Not may people understand that is what is going on - they are not supposed to of course.
I couldn't agree with you more, I was almost thinking of switching to Linux because of this, I like Linux a lot it is just MS has a monopoly because of directx being closed source and most game makers design the games for directx and not opengl half the time and lets face it wine isn't a realistic alternative as you are just emulating and that takes resources as well, If your not a gamer than Linux is the bomb but if you like games then you have to fire up winblows. directx is the only thing keeping me from never using windows again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2012   #50
Bertison

Windows 7/64 HPremium.
 
 

I am 67 years young, disabled and according to my other half, "not the full shilling." (Dabber, you will recognise that expression, I'm sure). I am not by any means an IT or Microsoft, or Windows 'Professional', but I have taken to computers from a largely technical/mechanical background because I saw them as a tool.

As such, I began with Windows 3:1 and journeyed through 95, 98 and XP, to 7, completely missing out Vista thanks to several forums and their advice/experiences. Every time I installed a new O/S, I made sure that I learned its ways and methods. 98 I liked, especially SE, XP I loved as a big advance. Win 7 to me, is PC heaven in comparison. Because I installed it, then I bought the books and I learned it from the ground up. Took me a week or so to be comfortable with it, but Dabber do you know the best part? I am STILL learning it, mainly from this Forum.

Patience should be your watchword, fella. Get to know it. Do you long for the car you used to have, whilst driving a newer model? Is your old TV not as good as the new one?

Life is all about learning processes, if we are not prepared to learn the new, we lose a little of what it is to be Homo Sapiens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Does anyone actually LIKE Windows 7?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App