|29 Nov 2012||#1|
| || |
How to shut down computer at a specific time and also can't be restart
I want my kids to go to bed early, so I want the computer to shut down at a specific time but also wants that they are not able to restart it immediately. How can I achieve it. If I set a password, I would like them to use all the features of computer except to restart when it has auto shutdownm. thanks for the help.
|My System Specs|| |
|29 Nov 2012||#2|
| || |
You'll want to set parental time limit for their user accounts. If you don't have UAC enabled, definitely activate it and then assign your children specific login IDs.
Here's how to set the parental control on a standard user:
1. Make sure you are logged in as the administrator of the computer.
2. Got to the Control Panel.
3. Under User Accounts and Family Safety, click set up parental controls for any user.
4. If prompted, (type your password and) select Continue.
5. Click the account you want to add parental controls.
6. Set your desired time limits.
7. Block out the time you don’t want the account to be able to login.
8. Confirm with Ok.
I believe the way it works is that once the time limit is reached, the computer will automatically log them out. It will not shut off the computer, though.
For more info, visit Microsoft's website page on Parental Controls. They have a video there to guide you through the process.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for: How to shut down computer at a specific time and also can't be restart|
|Shut down or restart computer via Remote Desktop?||Network & Sharing|
|Computer suddenly freezing need to restart from time to time||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD Every time I restart the computer.||BSOD Help and Support|
|logging of computer start and shut down time||Performance & Maintenance|
|Slow boot time after forcing computer to shut down during back up||Performance & Maintenance|