Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Battery not charging

02 Dec 2012   #1

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 
Battery not charging

I have a 3 month old Del XPS 15z,I charged the battery and used it till it was drained
I plugged in the AC adapter and i noticed as soon as i plug it in the little green light on the adopter goes off and the battery wont charge,my battery is drained and i can not
even turn the laptop on,does anyone know what i should do ? any one from Dell ?
By the way i tried the AC adopter with another laptop and it works,so it should be OK.
Thanks

My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2012   #2

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Pull the battery from the laptop and plug in the power supply. You can use the laptop without the battery.

Contact Dell and see what they say about the battery.

I could be wrong, but from what I've read - a complete discharge is not good on those types of batteries and the longer that a battery stays discharged, the more damage is done.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2012   #3

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 
Battery not charging

Thanks for reply but the battery on these models are built in,and i can`t remove it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Dec 2012   #4

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

It does seem like a lot of trouble...

...but I'm not sure what else to tell you to try so that you can use the laptop while you await feedback from Dell on such a young battery.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2012   #5

Win 7 Ult 64-bit
 
 

Check first if the adapter is OK.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2012   #6

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BisVal View Post
Check first if the adapter is OK.
I think that the OP has checked that :-)

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eddieeagle View Post
~~~By the way i tried the AC adopter with another laptop and it works,so it should be OK....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2012   #7

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
It does seem like a lot of trouble...

...but I'm not sure what else to tell you to try so that you can use the laptop while you await feedback from Dell on such a young battery.

I don't have a Dell laptop, but just thought I would comment that the video is one of the best tutorials I have seen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2012   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

If it is only 3 months old from brand new then use the warranty from Dell and let them fix it do not try to fix yourself or you could invalidate any warranty on the machine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2012   #9

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheCyberMan View Post
If it is only 3 months old from brand new then use the warranty from Dell and let them fix it do not try to fix yourself or you could invalidate any warranty on the machine.
Agreed - the OP should start with Dell support first, but it has been my experience that they say batteries (and chargers) are not covered under the warranty. I've had totally dead batteries right out of the box and Dell would not cover them under the warranty. I had to argue with them a lot to get a replaced free of charge. The same goes for adapters/chargers - I've had one DOA. Maybe things have changed, this was more than 5 years ago. I've stop buying Dell laptops for the people that I support.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2012   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheCyberMan View Post
If it is only 3 months old from brand new then use the warranty from Dell and let them fix it do not try to fix yourself or you could invalidate any warranty on the machine.
Agreed - the OP should start with Dell support first, but it has been my experience that they say batteries (and chargers) are not covered under the warranty. I've had totally dead batteries right out of the box and Dell would not cover them under the warranty. I had to argue with them a lot to get a replaced free of charge. The same goes for adapters/chargers - I've had one DOA. Maybe things have changed, this was more than 5 years ago. I've stop buying Dell laptops for the people that I support.
Yes i still believe that is the case but a battery or adapter that is fit for purpose and is not been mistreated in any way should not die, that is probably why Dell replaced them because they were not fit for purpose no company can sell you an item and expect you to pick up the cost if they are faulty to begin with.

So if they are dud then that is the manufacturer's responsibility for selling items that are not fit for purpose unintentionally or not.

Over here in the UK that is the premise in law anyway other countries it may be different i dont know but it should not be.

I totally understand what you are saying and coming from.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Battery not charging





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Battery not charging
Thread Forum
New Battery stops charging at 45% Hardware & Devices
Solved Battery Meter shows CMOS battery not charging Hardware & Devices
Battery not charging Hardware & Devices
battery not charging more then 91 % Hardware & Devices
battery not charging General Discussion
Battery Not charging even though windows says it is.. Hardware & Devices
Battery Not Charging at around 31% and below Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33