Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: USB 32/64 bit compatibility.

17 Dec 2012   #1
JustinL

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
USB 32/64 bit compatibility.

I bought a wireless xbox gaming receiver from ebay, and the seller didn't make it clear enough for me to notice that it only works on 32 bit: White PC Wireless Controller Gaming Receiver Adapter for Microsoft Xbox 360 | eBay

Is there any way to use it while playing my games on the 64 bit version?

Bonus: can i use the headset with it while gaming online?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Dec 2012   #2
Nigsy

openSUSE 13.1 64bit
 
 

It states pretty clearly in the advert that it's for 32bit only???

I'd just relist it and put it down to experience.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2012   #3
JustinL

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

What do you mean relist it? I'm not selling it, I'm buying it. Is there any way to have a 32 bit emulator run the receiver seperately from the 64 bit which would be running the games? Any similar solution that doesn't involve changing my core OS?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Dec 2012   #4
FuturDreamz

Windows 8 Pro (32-bit)
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2012   #5
FuturDreamz

Windows 8 Pro (32-bit)
 
 

And this is the link to the driver page for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows, which should be a standard XBOX 360 controller with a Wireless Gaming Reciever. It has a 64-bit version
Software Downloads: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2012   #6
Nigsy

openSUSE 13.1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
What do you mean relist it? I'm not selling it, I'm buying it. Is there any way to have a 32 bit emulator run the receiver seperately from the 64 bit which would be running the games? Any similar solution that doesn't involve changing my core OS?
Sorry, your opening post says "I bought a wireless xbox gaming receiver from ebay, ".

Doesn't say you are only bidding. What I meant was, as soon as you recieve it, if none of the solutions work for you, simply relist it as your own sale.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2012   #7
JustinL

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FuturDreamz View Post
No Sorry. The problem is that the drivers don't work on windows 7 64 bit. I need an emulator of the 32 bit version that can run the drivers separately from other functions, specifically my games.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2012   #8
FuturDreamz

Windows 8 Pro (32-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FuturDreamz View Post
No Sorry. The problem is that the drivers don't work on windows 7 64 bit. I need an emulator of the 32 bit version that can run the drivers separately from other functions, specifically my games.
So the drivers I also linked to don't work?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2012   #9
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
I bought a wireless xbox gaming receiver from ebay, and the seller didn't make it clear enough for me to notice that it only works on 32 bit: White PC Wireless Controller Gaming Receiver Adapter for Microsoft Xbox 360 | eBay

Is there any way to use it while playing my games on the 64 bit version?

Bonus: can i use the headset with it while gaming online?
It says ==
  • Note: if you want to use it in windows 7, it just fit to 32bit not for 64 bit.
Pretty clear if you ask me. It only cost $9.92. That is a cheap lesson to read everything. It could cost you more next time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2012   #10
FuturDreamz

Windows 8 Pro (32-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
I bought a wireless xbox gaming receiver from ebay, and the seller didn't make it clear enough for me to notice that it only works on 32 bit: White PC Wireless Controller Gaming Receiver Adapter for Microsoft Xbox 360 | eBay

Is there any way to use it while playing my games on the 64 bit version?

Bonus: can i use the headset with it while gaming online?
It says ==
  • Note: if you want to use it in windows 7, it just fit to 32bit not for 64 bit.
Pretty clear if you ask me. It only cost $9.92. That is a cheap lesson to read everything. It could cost you more next time.
Unless it's a knockoff it looks identical to the reciever used in this: Software Downloads: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows
Which has a 64-bit driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 USB 32/64 bit compatibility.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Ram compatibility
Hi I was looking at adding ram into my computer. I was just wondering if I have to use the exact same ram or can I use different brands? I know already that they should be the same mhz. What else should I be aware of?
Hardware & Devices
x32 compatibility?
Is there a way I can run a program in x32 bit mode or something? Reason being is I need to extract the ROM from my TI-83+ calculator, and I cant do that because it says I need a x32 bit OS.
Software
Win XP compatibility
I have no choice but to try and load a program onto my Windows 7 machine that only has WinXP compatibility (well not 64-bit Windows 7 anyway) It is Samsung PC Studio for what that is worth. So my plan is to load it in XP compatible mode . The thing is there sem to be 2 parts to the program...
Drivers
compatibility help
i was just wondering if anybody could help me with a compatibility issue im having on my hp netbook running windows7 starter. I was trying to open a program for a class on my netbook and the program won't start. I don't receive any error messsages the cursors just shows loading but nothing ever...
Software
64-bit vs. 32-bit compatibility
I purchased a Dell laptop last May with 64-bit Vista. A number of web design and graphics apps I use were not fully functional on that OS, so I downgraded to the 32-bit Vista. I now plan to upgrade that laptop to Win7. Does anyone have any idea if the compatibility mode selections in Win7...
General Discussion
MP4 compatibility
Has Microsoft made significant changes in Windows 7 with respect to MP4 video compatibility, specifically in Powerpoint? I have been able to easily insert and play MP4 video files in ppt 2007 on my 7 OS, but the same files will not work on my other PC running XP with ppt 2007.
Music, Pictures & Video


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:07.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App