Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I have folders which I don't know about in Local Disk E

18 Dec 2012   #1
Rohitaar

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 
I have folders which I don't know about in Local Disk E

Hello, Sorry if a posted this in the wrong category.
So I have some weird folders in my local disk E which is only meant for Games for me.
They are called 39026765f1d8d24c3be8, a64f3e094084f35798b9f9bc69b932, d435189c21e4162ecb59a4a8ff...
Please help me.. Tell me what are these..



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Dec 2012   #2
Lovus

Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Those are hidden folders (for your system or any other software) . Or maybe temp folders used while you're installing software . Open it to check what software uses it .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2012   #3
Rohitaar

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lovus View Post
Those are hidden folders (for your system or any other software) . Or maybe temp folders used while you're installing software . Open it to check what software uses it .
No I at first thought that it might be some Windows files so if any person who uses my PC will not see it & accidently delete them. I opened those and these are file I could find..
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Dec 2012   #4
benjy206

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Yes these are hidden file's which are encrypted, that is why there have really long name. There like the user's on your pc. So i would say they are for your games that you have download in there.
Try to hide them again. When in explorer window - Organize - Folder and search options - View - Don't show hidden file's and folder's.
See if this hides them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2012   #5
Sir George

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rohitaar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lovus View Post
Those are hidden folders (for your system or any other software) . Or maybe temp folders used while you're installing software . Open it to check what software uses it .
No I at first thought that it might be some Windows files so if any person who uses my PC will not see it & accidently delete them. I opened those and these are file I could find..
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 1 is an update for the .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2: April 10, 2012.
Picture 2 is an update, but the "update" folder is unexpanded, so I don't know the contents.
Pictures 3 and 4 are related to Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal tool. You get a new "mrt.exe" installed through Windows Update about once a month.

You can choose to either keep or delete them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2012   #6
benjy206

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sir George View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rohitaar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lovus View Post
Those are hidden folders (for your system or any other software) . Or maybe temp folders used while you're installing software . Open it to check what software uses it .
No I at first thought that it might be some Windows files so if any person who uses my PC will not see it & accidently delete them. I opened those and these are file I could find..
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 1 is an update for the .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2: April 10, 2012.
Picture 2 is an update, but the "update" folder is unexpanded, so I don't know the contents.
Pictures 3 and 4 are related to Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal tool. You get a new "mrt.exe" installed through Windows Update about once a month.

You can choose to either keep or delete them.
Thank you Sir George I got the MS removel tool was just in the process of finding out the other's. Saved me time
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2012   #7
Rohitaar

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

thank you guys.. This thread has been marked as solved from now..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2012   #8
Lovus

Ultimate 32bit
 
 

I don't know why your default downloaded updates folder is set to "E:\" ? Which is supposed to be "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I have folders which I don't know about in Local Disk E




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Changing a Removable Disk to Local Disk?
Hi Folks, I have created an encrypted drive (X) on my system (Windows 7 - 64 bit) and wish to store my emails there. I did this successfully in Vista. To do this I need to change X:/ from a Removable Disk to a Local Disk, please can somebody explain to me how and wehre to do this? OS...
General Discussion
2 Local Disk in 1 Hard Disk quiz
I'm puzzled now , my HP has 1 Hard Disk with 2 Local Disk inside... I'm currently using Local Disk C:/ , but when I clicked on Local Disk D:/ , It says " Local disk D:/ is not formatted, Do you want to format it? " , Many peoples says that format it will lose all the recovery files, but when I go...
Hardware & Devices
Windows 7 Local Disk Default Folders?
Hi, can someone please list the default folders on a fresh install of windows 7 x64 Home Premium sp1 "C:/ folder" please. Just want to make sure everythings in there. Thank You.
General Discussion
40 empty folders under Local
I have read about this somewhere but I did not exactly pay attention to it. I found 40 empty folders under Local...... C:\user\name\AppData\Local Would some one tell me how do they materialize ? Or, What did I do to cause that ? I would assume it is ok to delete them. Yes ? Thank you. (...
Performance & Maintenance
WLM 2011- Moving Folders Within Local Folders
Have many (300+) email folders as sub-folders within Local Folders.When I want to save an email, I 'drag/drop(paste)' the email in the appropriate folder (is faster than choosing the 'move to folder' procedure). However, when hurrying (and not paying attention), I sometimes inadvertently move an...
Browsers & Mail
Windows 7 Local Disk Default Folders
Hi, can someone please list the default folders on a fresh install of windows 7 32bit ultimate edition "C:/ folder" please. Just want to make sure everythings in there :) TIA
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:46.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App