Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Is windows 7 tied to this computer?


28 Dec 2012   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Service Pack 1
 
 
Is windows 7 tied to this computer?

Hi SevenForums,
I am going to use a windows disk to restore my computer. I cannot find the sticker with my windows 7 serial on it. I have been told that my windows 7 serial is tied to this computer. Is there a way to find the serial and put it back into the windows activation?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Dec 2012   #2

Windows 7 professional X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by conemitchell View Post
Hi SevenForums,
I am going to use a windows disk to restore my computer. I cannot find the sticker with my windows 7 serial on it. I have been told that my windows 7 serial is tied to this computer. Is there a way to find the serial and put it back into the windows activation?
The sticker you mention is it the one on the computer or the disk that you cannot find?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2012   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Erick Aguilar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by conemitchell View Post
Hi SevenForums,
I am going to use a windows disk to restore my computer. I cannot find the sticker with my windows 7 serial on it. I have been told that my windows 7 serial is tied to this computer. Is there a way to find the serial and put it back into the windows activation?
The sticker you mention is it the one on the computer or the disk that you cannot find?
I don't think that there was a sticker. Windows 7 came pre-installed. So what I am wanting is to find the serial.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Dec 2012   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

On my Packard Bell the sticker came on the case AND the box that it was in so check there
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2012   #5

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

If it's a laptop, open the battery door & look under the battery.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2012   #6

Windows 7 professional X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by conemitchell View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Erick Aguilar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by conemitchell View Post
Hi SevenForums,
I am going to use a windows disk to restore my computer. I cannot find the sticker with my windows 7 serial on it. I have been told that my windows 7 serial is tied to this computer. Is there a way to find the serial and put it back into the windows activation?
The sticker you mention is it the one on the computer or the disk that you cannot find?
I don't think that there was a sticker. Windows 7 came pre-installed. So what I am wanting is to find the serial.
Below your laptop you should see the OEM sticker.
On your computer, it could be on the top of the case, or below.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2012   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Or on the box it was in
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2012   #8

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2012   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

OP if you follow the link im sure your question will be answered
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2012   #10
Microsoft MVP

 

Doc is right. Many Dell laptops have the sticker under the battery.

If not there, call Dell. By law they cannot sell a laptop with Windows 7 if it does not have the COA proving it's genuine Windows. They also may provide a clean copy Reinstallation DVD which has the activation baked in.

A keyfinder will not work as the key loaded at factory is a batch key not the same as COA Product Key used to activate a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

If necessary you can run Dell Windows 7 PC Restore
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Is windows 7 tied to this computer?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Is windows 7 tied to this computer?
Thread Forum
Solved BSOD very random - All tied to ntoskrnl.exe as crash address BSOD Help and Support
Reinstallation: Is OEM tied to a specific version of W7 (Pro, Home)? Installation & Setup
Rent-a-Bot Networks Tied to TDSS Botnet Security News
Is Windows 7 tied to system date? Hardware & Devices
Solved OEM versions - what are they tied to? General Discussion
RAM staying tied up and slow performance General Discussion
BSOD tied to network activity? BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33