Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Acer 5552 recovery disc?

31 Dec 2012   #11

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote:
Everybody, just simply answer this simplified question I'm about to ask. If I buy an Acer eRecovery Disc, will I be able to use that disc, to make my Acer just like I took it out of a box?
Acer Recovery Disc's will reinstall to out of box.

or
you can install with the COA.
Clean Install : Factory COA Activation Key


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Jan 2013   #12

Win 7 Pro 64-bit 7601
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicPoptart View Post
Everybody, just simply answer this simplified question I'm about to ask. If I buy an Acer eRecovery Disc, will I be able to use that disc, to make my Acer just like I took it out of a box?
Yes. But it will be full of acer-installed software that slows down the machine (nicknamed "bloatware" or "crapware" by most of us) that you will likely want to remove afterwards, and will cost you some money and waiting for it to arrive. The recovery disk is not recommended.

The recommended course of action is follow this tutorial and reinstall windows 7 on your own, for free.
When you are in step 8 use the panel to delete all partitions currently on the HDD (so you remove the old toshiba recovery partition).

To do that you just need the Windows 7 install disk iso and the activation key you have on the sticker under the belly of your laptop, the first step of this tutorial tell you how to download the iso for free.

Quote:
This would be a lot easier, but I was not the one who took it out. Someone "thought" they was fixing it, took my HDD out, threw it away with out my permission and slapped in the one I have now thinking it would be perfect.
A punishment for this individual would be in order.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2013   #13

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobafetthotmail View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicPoptart View Post
Everybody, just simply answer this simplified question I'm about to ask. If I buy an Acer eRecovery Disc, will I be able to use that disc, to make my Acer just like I took it out of a box?
Yes. But it will be full of acer-installed software that slows down the machine (nicknamed "bloatware" or "crapware" by most of us) that you will likely want to remove afterwards, and will cost you some money and waiting for it to arrive. The recovery disk is not recommended.

The recommended course of action is follow this tutorial and reinstall windows 7 on your own, for free.
When you are in step 8 use the panel to delete all partitions currently on the HDD (so you remove the old toshiba recovery partition).

To do that you just need the Windows 7 install disk iso and the activation key you have on the sticker under the belly of your laptop, the first step of this tutorial tell you how to download the iso for free.

Quote:
This would be a lot easier, but I was not the one who took it out. Someone "thought" they was fixing it, took my HDD out, threw it away with out my permission and slapped in the one I have now thinking it would be perfect.
A punishment for this individual would be in order.
Could I do the same thing you are talking about if I follow this tutorial? Because the tutorial you provided, I'd still need to buy a disc/usb. In the one I provided, I wouldn't need to. Now I have followed the tutorial I provided before, but I selected "Upgrade" which kept my files and documents. Would I need to select "Custom (advanced)" which doesn't let me keep my Files and Documents?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Jan 2013   #14
Microsoft MVP

 

Why would you need to buy a disk? Twice you've been provided one for you to use to reinstall your licensed version in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. Did you read the steps which have helped thousands to get a perfect reinstall without the factory bloatware?

I even gave you extra steps to wipe the HD first so you get the cleanest possible install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2013   #15

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Why would you need to buy a disk? Twice you've been provided one for you to use to reinstall your licensed version in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. Did you even bother to read the steps which have helped thousands to get a perfect reinstall without the factory bloatware?

I even gave you extra steps to wipe the HD first so you get the cleanest possible install.
If I read right, I need to buy a Clean Disc/USB to put the Windows ISO on?...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2013   #16

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

I think you mean a Blank DVD Disc or USB stick
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2013   #17

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

Clean = Blank, yes. Wouldn't I though? Or could I burn the ISO to a virtual device with something like Daemon Tools?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2013   #18

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Well, since blank DVD are fairly cheap & new 4gb USB Flash sticks are about $6.00, probably worth your investment to have arround if ever needed again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2013   #19
Microsoft MVP

 

Good quality DVD's are 5 for $2 on the wall rack by the camera dept at Walgreens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2013   #20

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

Could I just use Daemon tools to burn the ISO to a Virtual Drive?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Acer 5552 recovery disc?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Acer 5552 recovery disc?
Thread Forum
recovery disc General Discussion
Questions: UEFI, restore partition, Q:, install disc, recovery disc General Discussion
HD crash, no recovery disc, have product code. Do I have to have disc Installation & Setup
Recovery disc Backup and Restore
Recovery Disc General Discussion
recovery disc Performance & Maintenance
Problem w/ creating recovery disc in Recovery Manager Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33