This just started happening this week out of nowhere.
Print Spooler will not start. I cannot start it manually. Hamachi (specfically LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine) service gives the same error. I haven't had any problems with any other services. Upon trying to start the two manually, I get the error 1503 "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.".
I've tried the following:
- System restore to a date I believe the spooler worked
- sfc /scannow (and in safe mode)
- Chkdsk (Auto fix errors)
- Windows Repair utility
- sc config spooler depend= RPCSS
- Bruce's Printing Pages
(+ reinstalling printer)
- spoolsv.exe and .exe.mui are in their correct locations. Tried renaming .exe to .bak and the .exe.mui to .exe
- RPC services are running
- DCOM Server Process Launcher is running
- Tried cleanspl.exe but it refuses to work on NT 6.1
- Troubleshooted printer. Finds spooler service isn't running. Fails to start it
With Hamachi, I ended up reinstalling it then adding in a registry key as found on their help topic over the matter. Just so much easier using this to play Sven Coop and Synergy Coop (Half-Life1/2 mods).
The spooler, once it turned back on normally...I think that was after my first attempt with "sc config ...". Anyhow though, it's never sticking and staying on after a restart and further use.
Classes just started up for me, so I'm desperate to fix this now since its bothering me to no end, and I need my printer. I really, really appreciate anyone trying to help
If I forgot to mention anything or left out anything useful, please ask me also. If it comes to there is no absolute fix at all, and I have to reinstall Windows 7 (worst timing), I think I at least have the weekend. I did just build this at the beginning of the month...