|21 Jan 2013||#1|
| || |
error messages in one user profile
I’m running Windows 7 with 3 user accounts. Recently when logging onto one of the accounts (happens to be the administrator and the one I’ve been using most as of late) I encounter a series of problems. I´ve since checked on the other accounts and none of these issues are found outside of this one account
1) Every time I log onto this account I get the error message:
2) I noticed the programs I had pinned to the taskbar had changed from their normal program icons to blank white icons, and no longer work as shortcuts to the programs they used to run
3) In the start menu the same thing has happened. Office programs I had in the start menu have changed to blank white icons and don´t run.
4) Also in the Start Menu the search function has stopped working. For example I type the letter ‘a’ and wait, but no results are returned at all.
5) Also on the Start Menu, in the area on the right below the usrename (Documents, Pictures, Music). None of these links work. I click on them and nothing happens
6) When I run Word I get the error message:
The correction file MSO1110.acl could not be saved.
This file may be read-only or you may not have permission to change it
(not the exact words, I have Office installed in another language and I’m translating)
I click OK and the same error pops up a second time. Click OK again and Word runs. However, it proves very unstable, frequently closing without warning, giving messages that “Word stopped working correctly” etc. Also, I am finding files called MSO1110.acl, and similar filenames being generated in various locations, on the desktop, in My Documents etc
7) When I run OneNote I get an error saying the files may be corrupted or there may not be space on the disk for them. Remember, this only happens in one user account. In the others OneNote runs without problems. I have transferred some of my notes to a removable disk and opened them from other user accounts and they open no problems
8) Internet Explorer has forgotten my most visited sites. When I open a new tab it should bring up a series of tiles representing my most visited sites, but these all went blank, and are now filling up wit the sites I have visited since, noit taking into account all the sites vistited previously.
9) I had a Sticky Note on the desktop which has disappeared. Indeed if I go to Start – All Programs – Accessories – and click on sticky Notes, nothiung happens, the program doesn´t open but I don´t get any error message either. In other user accounts it works.
10) When I open Chrome I get the error message “your preferences cannot be read. Some features may not be available. And changes to your preferences will not be saved”
11) Opeining Skyoe also says files were not found and I should uninstall and reinstall the progtam to solve the problem
Well, I don´t know if this is specifically a Windows 7 problem but I´d be grateful if anyone of the knowledgeable contributors here could recognize the symptoms and suggest what the problem may be. I have obviously thought that as all these problemas are only found in one user profile, I could just delete it and use another profile, but I would be worried about these problems coming back in the future.
|My System Specs|
|12 Feb 2013||#3|
| || |
Thanks very much for your reply. Sorry I´ve taken so long to post again.
Unfortunately I was running low on hard disc space a while back and deactivated system restore points! I subsequently discovered the windows old folder and deleted that to free up a whole load of space agaian. I was sure I´d then reactivated system restore, but unfortunately it seems not as I don´t have any restore points to go back to!
Well, this problem has an easy solution which is to delete this user profile and create anaother to replace it, so I guess that´s what I´ll do. I was sjust really after some idea of what might´ve gone wrong to cause this problem. I though maybe there could be a problem with the hard disc which had caused data to get corrupted or something, and as this is a new computer I´d like to know asap if that was the case as it´s under warranty.
Oh well, unless someone has a specific idea as to what might have caused it I´ll just go with deletoing the user profile in question and starting a new one.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: error messages in one user profile|
|User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.||Tutorials|
|Unknown user account deletion bringing on error messages.||General Discussion|
|The User Profile Service Failed to Logon User Profile Cannot be loaded||General Discussion|
|User Profile Service Failed the Login User profile cannot be loaded||Performance & Maintenance|
|Error in User Account Profile! Help!||System Security|
|The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be load||BSOD Help and Support|
|User Profile Service error||General Discussion|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.