If this is the wrong section, I am terribly sorry, can a Mod or admin move it to the proper location if it does not all in this forum category?
Before I stop, let me say I love Toshibas and swear by it because they are resilient in the engineering department in my opinion, mainly cause I never have any issues with mine nor any customers I work with, this is not a who is best topic.. But I am sure you know, nowadays these computers are fluffy with unwanted stuff..the promo icons and stuff when you first start it up for the first time or do a Factory restore. And worst than that fluff...they put in the phallus block, Norton... For me a gamer its crappy, bad, evil!
Now...I don't know why this didn't dawn on me, but I use Hiren's ALOT in my Freelance PC Repair business. I was sitting there realizing I have a disk I made, Windows 7 ALL, it contains 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows Home Premium and I believe 64 Bit pro as well, all legal copies since you need a respective key to activate it. I could just use Hirens to completely Zero my drive and use my Windows All disk to install Windows 7 Home Premium 32 and 64 bit. Think it has Ultimate as well, will check later.
Here is where my quandary comes in, cause when I say wipe, I mean EVERYTHING including the recovery partition.
I want to install Windows and what not, but my problem is..I am completely wiping my drivers
. Mind you I have been working with computers since I was 16.. I am not genius or Guru but I know enough to do my job and work effectively and get alot of problems fixed, but this is new territory for me, since all I've ever worked on were the Dell Inspirion 2400's back then..And Most computers now I didn't have to wipe..
For a reference, my laptop model is a Toshiba p755-s5198.
Please try to answer my questions in the same order as I ask em, its 2 am, my brain is on GTFalseep mode.
1. I have my Bios used in it updated to the one most recent in 2012, if I wipe the drive will I need to reupdate or add the Bios?
2. The CPU processor drivers, the hm65 Chipset, will I need to back that up for me to be able to reinstall 7? Or can I install 7 and get the chipset software from Toshibas site later?
3. Same with the Intel HD Integrated graphics, I am assuming the Mobo has a 16bit graphics thing built in for basic installation until graphical drivers can be installed? ((Note I am used to working on old computer that were all integrated, I am not sure if it applies today as well. As I have sadly worked on only a handful of 7s... Ive worked on mostly Vistas and XPs))
4. I am assuming the CD Rom drive has a Generic driver
built into? Im trying to be safe rather than sorry x.x
5. Does the Mobo has built in Generic USB drivers until I can bet my Root USB drivers from Renases?
6.Is it possible to set up a Recovery partition that functions just like the one that comes from factory? Well Im sure its possible, but how difficult is it. I mean, I checked the forums and I saw a thread on it but I was not sure if it is still a valid method and I didnt want to bump a dead thread.
I know I could easily solve that by using Double Driver from Hirens to back up my drivers, but I am wanting to start completely fresh if at all possible, but if I should backup a few, I will do it.
After that is done, I want to know how to set up a actual Recovery partition on the HDD, that I can initialize like I do a factory restore 1 time every month or so.
But I want to wipe my hard drive, install 7 get ALL my updated drivers put in updates installed, the Net Framework packs in, and my programs in that I use.. I want to make a mirror of it or something and place it in a Partition that is completely dedicated to being Recovery for when I do restores. My OS and programs together maybe hits at max maybe 160 gigs and thats if I have 3ds Max, Maya, Zbrush, Sculptris, Dreamweaver CS5, PS Cs6e , and GW2 and Firestorm, WindowBlinds and my music and pictures.. In the 2 years I owned this computer. I never once even got this harddrive past even 45% full..
The core inclusions I want to put part of the recovery partition is:
1. Photoshop CS6e
6. Obviously Windows to be completely updated from WUpdate..
7. Toshiba HD/SSD Protection
8. Eset Smart Security 5 with its configured settings ((If feasible))
9. All drivers up todate.
10. Service pruning/System Optimization
11. <<Any suggestions on what else , I should add to it?>>
The plus side is,
No fluffiness, No WIld Tangent.. No bloating. NO NORTON!
I can restore my computer to that point and not have to reconfigure it or only have to configure very little!
Please give me your advice and opinion on this little venture, cause if it seems feasible and sane, I will do it..
Thank you all for listening to my plight!
~And a Yeeehaaaw to you!!~