Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Re-installation problems.


08 Feb 2013   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Windows Re-installation problems.

I'm trying to wipe my pc, and reinstall windows 7. I have to use a downloaded version. It's legit, I've used it before. I just want to rid my pc of all the crap on it. Anyways...

I have a toshiba satellite p755d.
It won't boot from any kind of media, nor does it seem to recognize it until windows is loaded.
I went to the bios to change the boot order but I couldn't find that option anywhere.
I've tried all the function keys as well as holding down the "c" button when the pc boots up.
The most I get is a "Windows Error 'something'"
I can't remember what it says at something.
But it only gives me options for normal boot up and recovery mode to fix problems.
Any help is appreciated.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Feb 2013   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Most of the time it's called "boot device order" in BIOS. Try to change it to DVD, USB, Harddisk. So it tries to boot from DVD and then USB first.

If you power on machine, you see a bios logo. And at the bottom something like:
"press f2 for bios". "Press F12 to change boot device".

What's the text on bios logo screen? You only see it a split second!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2013   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Most of the time it's called "boot device order" in BIOS. Try to change it to DVD, USB, Harddisk. So it tries to boot from DVD and then USB first.

If you power on machine, you see a bios logo. And at the bottom something like:
"press f2 for bios". "Press F12 to select boot device".

What's the text on bios logo screen? You only see it a split second!
I know I'm supposed to get that, but I don't.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Feb 2013   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ViRaLL View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Most of the time it's called "boot device order" in BIOS. Try to change it to DVD, USB, Harddisk. So it tries to boot from DVD and then USB first.

If you power on machine, you see a bios logo. And at the bottom something like:
"press f2 for bios". "Press F12 to select boot device".

What's the text on bios logo screen? You only see it a split second!
I know I'm supposed to get that, but I don't.
What bios do you have? AMI, AWARD or....?
You have to be able to boot form usb or DVD, otherwise you can't clean the disk and can't reinstall
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2013   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ViRaLL View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Most of the time it's called "boot device order" in BIOS. Try to change it to DVD, USB, Harddisk. So it tries to boot from DVD and then USB first.

If you power on machine, you see a bios logo. And at the bottom something like:
"press f2 for bios". "Press F12 to select boot device".

What's the text on bios logo screen? You only see it a split second!
I know I'm supposed to get that, but I don't.
What bios do you have? AMI, AWARD or....?
You have to be able to boot form usb or DVD, otherwise you can't clean the disk and can't reinstall
How can I tell what bios I have?
Here I took a pic of my boot manager options by the way.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2013   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

AMI BIOS: SevenBits - Bootvolgorde veranderen in het BIOS (sorry it's in dutch)
AWARD BIOS: select Advanced BIOS Features or Advanced BIOS options
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2013   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
AMI BIOS: SevenBits - Bootvolgorde veranderen in het BIOS (sorry it's in dutch)
AWARD BIOS: select Advanced BIOS Features or Advanced BIOS options
Mine doesnt look like the first. The second, well, I don't have those options.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2013   #8

Windows 7 Professional x64 Linux Mint 16
 
 

I would think there is something wrong with the disc, if you`re not getting the press any key option.

Do you own any other Operating System discs you can use to check ?

The boot disk option is in the bios, every bios has it, just keep looking. Or the boot screen will tell you what key to push to bring up the boot device. It`s usually at the bottom of the screen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2013   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
I would think there is something wrong with the disc, if you`re not getting the press any key option.

Do you own any other Operating System discs you can use to check ?

The boot disk option is in the bios, every bios has it, just keep looking. Or the boot screen will tell you what key to push to bring up the boot device. It`s usually at the bottom of the screen.
I get what you're saying, but I'm telling you it's not there. I know what you're talking about. Right when the pc boots up. But mine boots up blank.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2013   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ViRaLL View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ViRaLL View Post

I know I'm supposed to get that, but I don't.
What bios do you have? AMI, AWARD or....?
You have to be able to boot form usb or DVD, otherwise you can't clean the disk and can't reinstall
How can I tell what bios I have?


https://www.google.com/search?q=awar...evice&tbm=isch You can see in pictures that's AWARD BIOS
https://www.google.com/search?q=ami+boot+device&tbm=isch
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Re-installation problems.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows Re-installation problems.
Thread Forum
problems by the installation of windows 7 Installation & Setup
Solved Problems with Windows 7 and re-installation Installation & Setup
Windows 7 installation problems Installation & Setup
Windows 7 installation problems Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Installation problems... Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Installation Problems Installation & Setup
windows 7 installation problems Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33